Pocket Gems is a mobile entertainment company that is continuously breaking new ground by building graphically rich mobile games; developing fun, new genres of mobile entertainment; and creating innovative technologies. Profitable since launch in 2009, the company has grown to over 200 employees with offices in San Francisco. Pocket Gems’ games have been downloaded over 250 million times by players around the world.
As the leader of our Performance Marketing team, you’ll own the business side of our portfolio of games, setting our distribution strategy and executing against it. You will lead a marketing team, manage channel partnerships, and work across the business to build one of the largest, most passionate play bases in the mobile gaming industry.
This position represents an ideal role for candidates with prior team leadership experience who are excited about leading a function that will have a meaningful impact on the business. Successful applicants will combine strong analytical ability, business judgment, and interpersonal skills.
- Develop the go-to-market strategy and growth plans for pre-launch and live games
- Work with product stakeholders and management to define marketing goals and develop marketing budgets
- Manage a marketing team to implement marketing campaigns effectively and achieve targets
- Create strategy for identifying, testing and evaluating new marketing channels and tactics
- Manage relationships with external channel partners
- Use analytical and modeling skills to understand channel economics and optimize marketing activities
- Work with product and engineering teams to design and develop features and tools that improve user acquisition and retention
Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in quantitative discipline (CS, Engineering, Math, Econ, etc.). MBA or Advanced degree a strong plus
Strong Excel skills; experience with SQL a plus
Experience managing a team a strong plus
Strong communications skills, with experience managing external partner relationships
Equally comfortable at big picture thinking and hands-on execution. Experience and interest in driving both strategic planning as well as operations.
Exceptional analytical skills and experience working in a metrics-driven organization
- The ideal candidate will have 4-6 years of work experience, including 2+ years in one of the following:
- Online / mobile user acquisition or retention marketing, with a focus on data analysis, campaign optimization, and reporting
- General business / product role at a blue chip technology company
- Strategy consulting or finance (banking, PE, or VC)
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including a premier PPO health plan. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. And most important - free lunches, dinners, drinks & snacks Monday through Friday! Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.