Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As a Creative Marketing Director on our Episode team, you'll help define all of our outward facing creative work and play a huge part in building the visual identity of Episode.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead creative development of Episode ads
- Define the Episode Brand and Creative Strategy
- Lead production of high-quality marketing assets using a combination of internal resources and external vendors and contractors
- Collaborate with the Creative Marketing leadership, Art Director and clients to deliver creative ideas, iterate, refine and ship final quality marketing assets
- Mentor other members of the Episode Creative Marketing Team
- Plan and schedule marketing projects from concept through final delivery
- Lead concept brainstorming
What You’ll Bring to the Marketing Team:
- 10+ years of professional experience
- 3+ years creative leadership experience in a management position, leading a collaborative team environment & mentoring other artists
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong understanding of graphic design principles and sensibilities
- Ability to communicate ideas and concepts using shape and silhouette
- Experience with task management and scheduling for major creative projects
- Able to manage multiple different creative pipelines at the same time
- Experience managing multiple external vendors and creative studios
- Able to work within multiple art styles and themes
- Strong organizational and file management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- BFA, MFA, art degree, or equivalent experience as a professional artist
- Comfortable manipulating and resizing finished mobile ads
- Portfolio demonstrating:
- Expert graphic design portfolio, exercising strong compositional skills
- Excellent typography treatment examples
- Examples showing work in a variety of different graphic styles - showcasing palette, subject matter, and layout
- Entertainment specific advertisements - mobile/web/social media
Extra Gems For:
- Passion for story based media
- Deep understanding of best practices in mobile marketing
- Brand style guide construction and development
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.