Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began within an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Wild Beyond, a fast-paced and strategic 3D combat game, Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As the Director of People Operations, you’ll lead and continue to build our People and Culture organization. In this hands-on role, you will need to be able to flex from strategic to tactical work while being a thoughtful leader that provides coaching, support, and development within the People Ops Team.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as a strategic business partner to game teams and functional leadership as well as a hands-on generalist for the company for all things people-related
- Own the delivery and effectiveness of core HR processes and responsibilities across all employee life-cycle activities such as benefits administration, compliance / policy management, immigration, office management, payroll, and 401k administration
- Manage and develop the People Ops and Office Management team members
- Develop and maintain programs for onboarding, performance management, employee engagement, and professional development
- Proactively and thoughtfully address workplace and employee relations issues on an individual and systematic basis
- Ensure compliance with applicable labor and employment laws and regulations
- Develop and manage thoughtful HR policies and practices that fairly balance the interests of all team members and are consistent with the culture of the company
- Drive company-wide initiatives to increase employee satisfaction and productivity
What You Bring To The Team:
- BA/BS degree is required
- 9+ years of HR experience including 3+ years of management experience. Preferably in the tech industry.
- Strong HR functional expertise; knowledgeable on employment law matters, employment legislation, and compliance management
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal
- The ability to communicate effectively to all stakeholders and to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Comfortable as a “hands-on” manager and willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgement
- Proven experience handling confidential and sensitive information with the ability to exercise discretion and show good judgment; honesty, integrity, and trust building behaviors in all dealings is essential and required.
- Effective time management and organization skills
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.