Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
What You'll Do:
- Discover great writers and visual storytellers both within the Episode community and beyond.
- Partner with writers to develop new Episode series from pitch through pilot, and through production of multiple seasons
- Mentor promising writers and visual storytellers to help the understand the creative process and structure of hit products.
- Strengthen the structure, characters, pacing, and goals of stories in development based on qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Build and maintain relationships with great writers and visual storytellers, identifying the talent of tomorrow and building strong teams
- Setup and maintain multiple creators and projects to meet deadlines, hit budgets, and follow best-in-class storytelling processes
- Seek out, respond to, and iterate based on qualitative and quantitative feedback throughout the development and production process
- Partner cross-functionally on Episode launches, press, marketing, data analysis, and general programming needs
- Lead and mentor team members to create the next hits
What you Bring to the Story Team:
- Passion for great storytelling and for Episode’s vision and current audience
- Significant experience as an editor or producer on commercially successful fictional/scripted stories for a mass market
- Demonstrated knowledge of the story development process from concept through production, including a deep understanding of visual continuity and story
- Demonstrated creative development and management skills
- Strong existing relationships with writers, editors, and other visual storytellers
- Excited to develop new ideas and build new relationships, especially in mobile technology
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.