Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our Studio Operations Analyst, you will manage critical projects that have direct impact on our business and our culture. You will leverage your top notch analytical skills, project management ability, and excellent judgment to drive effectiveness, standardization, and productivity across our organization. This role sits within our Studio Operations function, and is great for an organized, results-driven individual who is passionate about working on high impact business and people initiatives that directly contribute to our mission: delivering great products that our players love!
What You’ll Do:
- In partnership with Pocket Gems leadership, drive ongoing operations related to growth and expansion of our business. Projects may include:
- Helping us prepare for expansion in foreign countries
- Managing cross-functional processes to ensure compliance with industry standards and ongoing global regulations
- Supporting creation of additional studios in new locations
- Organize, lead, and facilitate cross-functional projects that support our day-to-day internal business operations. Includes managing deliverables and timelines, ensuring accountability against goals, and creating reporting cadence/KPIs where needed. Projects may include:
- Owning staffing process and resource allocation model across game teams
- Working with specific functions (e.g. engineering, product) to execute against core initiatives that are critical to long-term organizational health and effectiveness
- Driving an intra-company communication strategy
- Work closely with the People Ops and Finance teams on data driven headcount assessments and forecasting analyses that serve as the basis for our people strategy.
- Act as a business partner to leadership in creating and implementing solutions. Evaluate software tools and systems that support these processes.
- Lead and participate in external relations strategy and execution
What You’ll Bring to the Studio Ops Team:
- 2-4 years of management consulting or equivalent experience
- Exceptional project management skills, including ability to drive progress with cross-functional teams and work effectively with senior leaders
- A practical and analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to inspire trust, predicated on excellent judgment and thoughtful execution
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively in a team environment
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Extra Gems For:
- Passion for the mobile gaming industry
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.