Job Title: Full Stack Engineer (9G9PEJ)
Full Stack Engineer position available with Pocket Gems, Inc. in San Francisco, CA. Build scalable servers using Google App Engine and Python to support mobile game applications. Utilize Stackdriver to maintain and improve platform architecture and performance. Participate in the full project lifecycle from idea creation to project management using JIRA. Implement systems using highly scalable data stores to stream game or external data for analytics, including NoSQL, DynamoDB, and GoogleDatastore. Monitor database performance, status of services, and ensure process of services run smoothly and quickly. Create game related features and tools as web applications. Work with distributed computing systems to scale horizontally, including Google Cloud Services, AWS, and Azure. Develop various data analysis tools to assist company access data warehouses seamlessly and perform detailed data analyses.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Informatics Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering, or related field and 2 years of experience in the job offered or related occupation. One (1) year of experience with each of the following skills is required:
1. Developing code and techniques using Relational or Non-Relational databases, including Redshift, PostgreSQL, HBase, BigTable, or GAE Datastore;
2. Distributed computing systems using Python and the Google App Engine/AWS platform including Cloud Storage/S3, Memcache/Redis, Task Queues/SQS, Tasklets, AWS Lambda, and MapReduce) to build and optimize Restful APIs for game server;
3. Building highly reliable system with proper load balancing mechanism to speed up web server applications;
4. Web server load optimization strategies, including CDNs, Asset Caching, asset Preloading, pagination, and caching models and views;
5. Store and file management, including file systems and virtual memory, networking, including sockets and TCP/IP
routing, and distributed systems;
7. Application of data structure and algorithms for coding logic.
All experience may be acquired concurrently.
To apply, please send a resume to: Pocket Gems, Inc., Attn.: A. Horn, 220 Montgomery Street, Suite 750, San Francisco, CA 94104. Must respond with job requisition number 9G9PEJ.