Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
The Senior UI Visual Designer will join one of our teams working on "core" games. We are looking for artists excited to bring AAA quality work and establish Pocket Gems as a leader in 3D art for mobile, creating games that appeal to a wide audience of players. We are excited to be shaping and defining games as we know it on mobile.
We're looking for a talented Senior UI Visual Designer to join our team of Artists, Engineers, and Product Managers to build intuitive and cohesive experiences in our next line of hit games.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop original UI by working with the project leads
- Provide excellent communication that allows you to set flexible design guidelines that all Pocket Gems teams can support and extend throughout the company
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create fresh, logical, readable, and seamless immersive solutions
- Assist client engineers with front-end and UI implementation to ensure final product reflects design vision
What You Bring to the Art Team:
- A great portfolio of work showing your proven ability in
- Aesthetic judgment and strong UI visual design
- Clear and beautiful in-game interfaces
- Creating production quality UI and art assets
- Shipped at least 3 games as a key contributor in UI
- Proven ability to develop and present UI ideas for various games
- Expert-level experience using various prototyping and design software
- Degree in HCI, Design, or equivalent experience as a UI Visual Designer
- Minimum 5 years of UI production experience required
- An appreciation for the iterative nature of the design process
- Able to quickly come up with new visual treatments as well as adapting to established styles
- Up to date on latest design trends and styles
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Animation / Motion Graphic skills
- Photoshop and Illustrator proficiency
Extra Gems For:
- Experience working with mobile applications
- BA/BS in interactive design, graphic arts, human factors, computer science or related field with equivalent experience
- 3D experience/capabilities
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.