Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As a Performance Marketing Manager you will set strategy, manage budgets, and identify the best marketing channels for reaching potential users. You will manage channel partnerships, and work across the business to build one of the largest, most passionate play bases in the mobile gaming industry.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop the go-to-market strategy and growth plans for pre-launch and live games
- Work with product stakeholders and management to define marketing goals and develop marketing budgets
- Manage a marketing team to implement marketing campaigns effectively and achieve targets
- Create strategy for identifying, testing and evaluating new marketing channels and tactics
- Manage relationships with external channel partners
- Use analytical and modeling skills to understand channel economics and optimize marketing activities
- Work with product and engineering teams to design and develop features and tools that improve user acquisition and retention
What You Bring to the Performance Marketing Team:
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in quantitative discipline (CS, Engineering, Math, Econ, etc.). MBA or Advanced degree a strong plus
- Strong Excel skills; experience with SQL a plus
- Experience managing a team a strong plus
- Strong communications skills, with experience managing external partner relationships
- Equally comfortable at big picture thinking and hands-on execution. Experience and interest in driving both strategic planning as well as operations.
- Exceptional analytical skills and experience working in a metrics-driven organization
- The ideal candidate will have 4-6 years of work experience, including 2+ years in one of the following:
- Online / mobile user acquisition or retention marketing, with a focus on data analysis, campaign optimization, and reporting
- General business / product role at a blue chip technology company
- Strategy consulting or finance (banking, PE, or VC)
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.