Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As a Senior Marketing Artist, you will join one of our new teams working on "core" games in the sci-fi or fantasy genres. We are looking for artists excited to bring AAA quality work and establish Pocket Gems as a leader in 3D art for mobile, creating games that appeal to a wide audience of players. We are excited to be shaping and defining games as we know it on mobile.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and produce high-quality 2D marketing assets using a combination of classic techniques married with current 3D tools
- Collaborate with Creative Director, Creative Services and clients to deliver creative ideas, iterate, refine and ship final quality Marketing assets that drive installs
- Mentor other marketing artists
What You Bring to the Creative Marketing Team:
- 4+ years of experience
- Proficient in Maya
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop as well as the rest of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong understanding of graphic design principles and sensibilities
- Ability to communicate ideas and concepts using shape and silhouette
- Able to quickly learn and manipulate other artists work
- Able to work within multiple art styles and themes
- Comfortable manipulating and resizing finished mobile ads
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Strong organizational and file management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- BFA, MFA, art degree, or equivalent experience as a professional artist
- Some experience working with 3D character models including posing, lighting and rendering
- Portfolio demonstrating:
- Expert graphic design portfolio, exercising strong compositional skills
- Excellent typography treatment examples
- Examples showing work in a variety of different graphic styles - showcasing palette, subject matter, and layout
- Digital/video game specific advertisements - mobile/AAA/Social
Extra Gems For:
- Motion Graphic Animation
- Strong understanding of the 3D production pipeline from 2D concept to 3D modeling, rigging and animation.
- Strong understanding of shape and silhouette in regard to posing 3D models.
- Zbrush Experience, Keyshot rendering and Substance experience
- An avid and passionate gamer across multiple platforms
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.