Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine. Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As a 3D Technical Artist within our Core Studio, you will serve as both an advocate for the Art department as well as the bridge between Art, Game Design and Engineering. By collaborating with these teams, you will help enhance the visual quality of the game by creating art tools, advocating optimal art/engineering performance techniques and suggesting efficient and thoughtful pipeline processes. Since you know what a healthy art pipeline "looks like", you’ll be instrumental in developing the processes, tools, and pipeline from which innumerable games will spring forth.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with the Art Team to implement the artistic vision of the game and assist in asset production through building artist tools and pipeline
- Create and help to prototype ideas, technologies and concepts with other team members
- Build character rigs and enhance the character animation pipeline
- Collaborate with Technical Artists and Engineers on the development of art pipelines including proprietary tools, software plug-ins, and in game technology
What You Bring to the Art Team:
- 2-4 years experience in game development serving in a technical art role creating tools for art pipelines including: rigging, scripting, shader development, and modeling
- Proficient with at least one development language such as MEL, Python, C#, or C++
- Proven problem-solving/prototyping ability
- Excellent work ethic, self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team player
- A passion for video games of course!
Extra Gems For:
- You’re a master in one or more technical skills including: Unity pipeline/tools, VFX, animation, character rigging, tools scripting, or shader development and that you’ve shipped at multiple AAA console, PC or mobile titles
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.