Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
Episode partners with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Pitch Perfect In Deep Treble, Mean Girls: Senior Year, Demi Lovato: Path to Fame, Clueless: School’s Out, and Pretty Little Liars. Over 8 million storytellers have also signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Episode has made the list of Apple’s Top 10 iOS games of 2018!
As an Associate Performance Marketing Manager, you will contribute to building the largest and most passionate user base in mobile storytelling. Your task will be to identify the most promising marketing channels for Episode and then design a strategy, set budgets, and manage campaigns to hit target KPIs. You will work with both internal and external teams to analyze data and maximize growth opportunities.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with an analytical mindset, who is excited about applying and growing their analytical, business, and interpersonal skills to the rapidly evolving mobile ecosystem for games.
What You’ll Do:
- Use a process of testing to prove hypotheses, analyze results, and recommend performance optimizations to unlock growth
- Independently manage the international user acquisition strategy and the daily operations for a set of marketing channels, including social, in-app video and display, programmatic, and retargeting
- Use innovative strategies and new technologies to grow player base and maximize profits
- Manage relationships with external marketing and technology partners
- Balance short term responsibilities with longer term projects and goals
- Manage creative cadence, reporting, and feedback to improve ad efficiency
What You Bring to the Performance Marketing team:
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in a quantitative discipline (CS, Engineering, Math, Economics, etc.)
- An analytical and inquisitive mindset
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously within tight deadlines
- Outstanding ability to execute swiftly, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong Excel and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Passion for games and entertainment products
Extra Gems For:
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical role
- Experience working in a metrics-driven organization
- Online Marketing or Mobile User Acquisition experience
- Experience with SQL and Tableau (or other data visualization software)
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.