Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Wild Beyond, a fast-paced and strategic 3D combat game, Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
To date, over 8 million storytellers have signed up to create their own stories on Episode, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Most recently, Episode has made the list of Apple’s Top 10 iOS Games of 2017 and was recognized as the Best Community Building Game at the annual Google Play Awards in 2018. We’ve partnered with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Pitch Perfect In Deep Treble, Pretty Little Liars, Mean Girls: Senior Year, Demi Lovato: Path to Fame, and Clueless: School’s Out.
As an Associate Product Manager on the Episode team at Pocket Gems, you’ll manage the product life-cycle behind key entertainment technology from initial concept through development to release. You'll help own and manage a live game played by millions of people around the world!
What You’ll Do:
- Take part in the product development, strategic vision, and business operations as it pertains to the development of Episode’s stories
- Be responsible for driving financial results
- Coordinate and collaborate with multiple teams, resources and timelines: Engineering, Art, UX, Story, Marketing, and Player Experience to create engaging and profitable content
- Write clear and concise specs, and both wireframe and design new features
- Analyze key success metrics, and rigorously test and optimize for them
- Work in an entrepreneurial, learning environment with a world-class team of Engineers and Product Managers
What You Bring To The Product Management Team:
- Passion for the entertainment or games industry
- Good intuition for story and game mechanics
- At least 2 years of experience in:
- Strategy/Management Consulting or Finance (Banking, PE, or VC)
- Online/Mobile Product experience with a technology company
- Experience in quantitative analysis and ability to refine hypotheses/models by digging into user data
- Strong design mentality for user experience in entertainment products and games
- Bachelor's degree required
Extra Gems For:
- Previous startup, consumer technology, engineering/software development experience
- Degree in a quantitative discipline (CS, Engineering, Math, Econ, etc.)
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.