Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
Episode has partnered with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Mean Girls: Senior Year, Demi Lovato: Path to Fame, Clueless: School’s Out, Pitch Perfect In Deep Treble, and Pretty Little Liars. Over 8 million storytellers have also signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Episode has made the list of the Apple’s Top 10 iOS Games of 2017 and was recently recognized by Google as the Best Community Building Game at its annual Google Play Awards in 2018!
As an Associate Product Manager, you’ll manage the product life-cycle for core games from initial concept through development to release. You'll own and manage a live game played by millions of people around the world!
What You’ll Do:
- Own and manage critical aspects of the Episode product which will be seen by millions of people around the world
- Take part in the product development, strategic vision, and business operations as it pertains to the development of Episode stories.
- Become an expert in understanding customers and building engaging features that make everyone excited to engage with Episode stories
What You Bring to the Product Management Team:
- Passion for the entertainment or games industry
- Good intuition for story and mechanics
- Ability to refine hypotheses/models by digging into user data
- Excitement about coordinating and inspiring our cross discipline teams
- 2+ years of experience in one of the following:
- Online / Mobile Product or Analytics experience with a technology company
- Previous startup, social networking, engineering / software development experience
- Strategy / management consulting or finance (banking, PE, or VC)
- Experience in mobile or social games a strong plus
- Experience in quantitative analysis and ability to refine hypotheses/models by digging into user data and iteratively improve metrics
- Strong design mentality and intuition for user experience in entertainment products and games
- Strong story sense and ability to understand good story structure
- Ability to write clear and concise specs for new features
- Ability to manage complex projects and production schedules
Extra Gems For:
- Previous startup, social networking experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in quantitative discipline (CS, Engineering, Math, Econ, etc.)
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science, other engineering degree and/or MBA is a plus
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.