Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Wild Beyond, a fast-paced and strategic 3D combat game, Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
To date, there have been over 7 billion episodes viewed on Episode, which is over 97,000 years of combined viewing time. We’ve also opened up our storytelling platform to create the world’s largest community of interactive stories and storytellers, with over 12 million registered creators including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Most recently, Episode has made the list of Apple’s Top Free Games of 2018 and was recognized as the Best Community Building Game at the 2018 Google Play Awards. We’ve also partnered with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Pitch Perfect In Deep Treble, Pretty Little Liars, Mean Girls: Senior Year, Demi Lovato: Path to Fame, and Clueless: School’s Out.
As a Visual Storytelling Scripter, you will bring our stories to life on mobile devices worldwide.
Please note that this role is a temp to perm role.
What You’ll Do:
- You'll help screen new Junior Story Directors
- You'll train new Junior Story Directors on our tool-set using Donacode, giving very hands-on feedback over a 2-3 month period
- You will be the Lead Story Director on a team and point person for a Story Lead
- You’ll lead a team of 1-3 additional Story Directors, partnering with the Story and Art Departments to deliver high-quality visual stories
What You Bring to the Story Team:
- Advanced level Donacode experience. Please include links of Episode samples
- Passionate about visual storytelling, especially with new technology and mediums
- Have a deep understanding of narrative structure and how it can be communicated visually
- Have a keen eye for visual composition and perspective, an understanding of film editing shots and techniques, and knowledge of cinematography
- A collaborator & leader; each story has a team of 2-10 people, who work together in service of the story. You must be a team player and put the story before your own work or ego
- Proven ability to lead a team and train on new technology
- A perfectionist; when you work on and review a shot, you’re determined to get it right. You review your work carefully, ensuring quality is high before delivery
Extra Gems For:
- Director on 2-4 Episode Originals
- Prior leadership and training experience
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.