Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 275 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As a summer Software Engineer Intern, you will be a part of a small intern cohort, paired with an experienced software engineering mentor, collaborating cross-functionally with teams including other software engineers, product managers, artists, and designers to define our next generation of mobile games. During our 10-week program, our interns are meaningful contributors to our live products, leaving the summer having made a tangible impact on their team while gaining technical and professional skills to set them up for future success!
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and code innovative features using groundbreaking technologies
- Enjoy the freedom of writing native applications while exploring the latest cross-platform technologies
- Participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle, from ideation to specification to release
- Design and implement scalable, reliable and maintainable technologies for our iOS and Android gaming platforms
- Work with innovative, great, fun people!
What You Bring to the Engineering Team:
- Working toward a BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design and OOP
- Passion and excitement for solving interesting problems and building great products!
Extra Gems For:
Other Internship Perks:
- A full calendar of events to get to know San Francisco, learn from your fellow interns, and have a great summer
- Weekly training sessions to expand your learnings from fellow Gemmers and industry veterans
- Free lunch, a well-stocked kitchen, and cold brew and kombucha on tap!
- We are looking for students going to U.S. universities, graduating in Winter 2019 or Spring 2020.
- Prior mobile/gaming experience is NOT required
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.