Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Wild Beyond, a fast-paced and strategic 3D combat game, Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
What You’ll Do:
- Engage and develop your team of engineers in their skills and careers
- Balance the technical and product roadmaps within the team
- Code! You’ll design and code innovative, scalable, and robust features
- Collaborate closely in small, nimble, cross-functional teams with engineers, product managers, artists, and designers
- Participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle, from ideation to specification to release
What You Bring to Engineering Team:
- 4+ years of engineering experience, preferably backend or full stack, including at least 1 year of relevant engineering team management experience
- Strong team building, mentorship, and empowerment skills; you love building scalable and high-performing teams of engineers
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design and OOP
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Extra Gems For:
- Experience in Objective-C and Python, as well as Cloud Services, such as AWS or GAE
- A love for mobile game development
Note: Prior entertainment or gaming industry experience is NOT required
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.