Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As a Technical Recruiter, you will partner directly with our various engineering teams to discover, recruit, and hire top engineering talent. Our tech stack is Obj-C, Python, Google App Engine, AWS. We want our Tech Recruiter to be able to float effortlessly between both the recruiting team and the engineering team, creating and sustaining a seamless partnership and growth effort.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive the full cycle engineering recruitment process - source candidates for a variety of engineering roles, interview, recommend, and host them onsite
- Coach candidates on how to effectively interview with our teams
- Provide data-driven recommendations around interviewing and hiring decisions for our internal partners
- Identify gaps and continually improve our hiring processes
- Play a significant role in closing candidates
- Collaborate and share learnings and questions with our recruiting team throughout interviewing and hiring, as well as creating and running programs, events, and various initiatives that contribute to growing both our brand and our company
What You Bring to the Recruiting Team:
- 3+ years as an in-house tech recruiter at a Bay Area tech startup or company
- Demonstrable knowledge of technologies and career paths for software engineers
- Ability to converse comfortably with and act as a thought partner to engineers and Hiring Managers
- Proven track record of being able to source and hire senior engineers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to shift focus and priorities easily, iterating quickly to do the best thing for our candidates and our team
- Bachelor’s degree required
Extra Gems for:
- Experience in gaming or entertainment industry
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.