Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
Episode partners with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Pitch Perfect In Deep Treble, Mean Girls: Senior Year, Demi Lovato: Path to Fame, Clueless: School’s Out, and Pretty Little Liars. Over 8 million storytellers have also signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Episode has made the list of Apple’s Top 10 iOS games of 2017!
As a Performance Marketing Manager on Episode’s Performance Marketing team, you will contribute to building the largest and most passionate player base in mobile storytelling. You will set strategy, manage budgets, and identify the best marketing channels for reaching potential users (think Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, and more). This is an excellent opportunity for someone with an analytical mindset and who has an understanding of and empathy for Episode’s current user base. (If you know who Cameron Dallas is, you’re on the right track!)
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a user acquisition strategy and manage the marketing budget
- Monitor day-to-day financial results, making adjustments where necessary
- Use analytical and modeling skills to understand channel economics and optimize campaign performance
- Manage creative cadence and assets
- Conduct industry research and present actionable findings
- Identify new marketing channels and manage relationships with external channel partners
- Innovate on new strategies for growing our player base
What You Bring to the Performance Marketing team:
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in a quantitative discipline (CS, Engineering, Math, Economics, etc.)
- 4 - 6 years of experience in an analytical role
- Understanding of and empathy towards Episode’s current user base
- A love for math! We want you to utilize your analytical skills and for you to be passionate about Excel spreadsheets and Google Docs
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously within tight deadlines
- Outstanding ability to execute swiftly, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong Excel and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Extra Gems for:
- Online Marketing or Mobile User Acquisition experience is a plus!
- Experience marketing products targeting millennial women
- Passion for games and entertainment products
- MBA / Master’s Degree
- Experience with SQL
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.