Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
Our Core studio is looking for a talented Senior UX Designer to help build intuitive and cohesive experiences in our next line of hit games. You should be committed to building best-in-class solutions and establishing Pocket Gems as a leader in interactive mobile space, creating new games that appeal to a wide audience of players. We are excited to be shaping and defining games as we know it on mobile!
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with UX designers, product managers, game designers, artists, and engineers from concept to execution on high-scope feature sets and design challenges
- Deliver excellent solutions that fit business and product goals while providing customer value and inspiring the team as a whole
- Thoughtfully break down and communicate recognized best practice user experiences to help the team succeed
- Work with other disciplines on establishing user centered design solutions, standards, and patterns for the team and studio
- Help initiate and facilitate moderated and unmoderated user testing and report back findings to the team
What You Bring to the Design Team:
- A great portfolio of work showing
- evidence of advanced skills in user centred design thinking and problem solving (strategy and definition documents, user flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, personas, usability evaluation, user research etc)
- examples of games, mobile applications, software applications, and/or interactive spaces
- 5+ years of production experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar
- Experience having shipped at least 1 game as a key contributor in UX
- Track record of training and mentoring other designers as they strive to achieve excellence
- An appreciation for the iterative nature of the design process
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative user research methodologies
- Ability to autonomously drive the design and implementation of large features
- A strong sense of ownership and excellent communication skills, with a passion for great execution
- Expert-level experience using various prototyping and design software
- Up-to-date knowledge on the latest industry mobile design trends and patterns
- The ability to play games and understand a gamer’s mind
Extra Gems For:
- Experience working with mobile game titles
- Experience working with Unity
- Experience with front-end development
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.