Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As a Content Design Director on our Game Design team, you'll lead the efforts in creating and implementing the story for an exciting new and unreleased mobile title. We are looking for a talented designer who is eager to bring AAA quality work and establish Pocket Gems as a leader in polished, yet deep multiplayer gameplay. We are passionate about shaping and defining games as we know it on mobile!
What You’ll Do:
- Spearhead the implementation of the story and setting of one of our upcoming mobile titles
- Work with the art and game design disciplines to define the creative vision and create the world, characters, and player fantasies that are the narrative foundation of our game
Collaborate closely with other disciplines to implement engaging content and a narrative using our tools and scripting solutions
- Oversee the narrative and content across multiple core titles, insuring top notch quality across the studio
- Run the Content Design discipline, directly managing several content designers, implementing processes and insuring that the studio uses best practices for leveraging story, content, and worldbuilding
What You Bring to the Team:
- 5+ years of experience in content design at a lead level or above
- Experience managing a team of content designers and writers
- A high level of skills in game narrative and a great interest in narrative in film, television, comics, books, and games
- Ability to quickly internalize new engines and game technologies
- Strong design mentality and intuition for game mechanics and game flow
- Proven understanding for game design and experience in collaborating with other disciplines on game development projects
- Ability to communicate clearly and work effectively with others
- Excellent problem solving skills
Extra Gems for:
- Avid gamer across multiple platforms and genres
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.