Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As a Paralegal on the Legal Team, you will be a critical partner to all business functions in our rapidly growing company. By working with our Legal Counsel you will ensure that each department is compliant and functioning to their greatest capacity. You will be responsible for contract workflow, entity management, and corporate governance support. You must be detail oriented, organized, and an independent thinker who enjoys a fast-paced, startup environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the contract management process end to end, from (i) request intake to (ii) prioritization and status tracking to (iii) business unit coordination and communication to (iv) document retention
- Modify standard contract templates (e.g., consulting agreements, NDAs, etc.) and assist with drafting and review of vendor contracts
- Manage the incorporation and dissolution of corporate entities
- Execute all workflows related to employee stock options, from grant notices to stock certificates
- Assist with corporate governance and ensure compliance with employer regulations and corporate filings
- Deliver process improvements regarding vendor onboarding and offboarding, system implementations, and reporting compliance
- Support the application process for immigration visas and green cards
- Own due diligence production and related matters in connection with key transactions
- Perform special projects and support the Company’s General Counsel on all legal matters
What You Bring to the Legal team:
- BA/BS degree required; JD degree preferred
- 4 to 8 years of experience as a paralegal (or other comparable position) within an in-house department and/or large law firm
- Solid understanding of contracts, corporate governance, and business operations, plus familiarity with a broad range legal functions (including, without limitation, intellectual property and employment laws)
- Strong desire to learn and acquire new skills, both legal and business
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Google Docs, Acrobat, and online data rooms
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.