Pocket empowers people to discover, organize, consume, and share content that matters to them. Our apps and platform are essential ways that 10s of millions of people discover and consume content on the web. Pocket is the Web, curated: for you and by you.
We’re looking for a technically minded senior product manager with experience working with data products and machine learning who believes these tools can power a healthier personalized content recommendation experience than what’s out there today. Someone who is inspired to help build that solution at scale.
We are looking for a product manager to help make this happen. We’re looking for a product leader who is passionate about building powerful machine learning workflows, finding innovative solutions to challenging problems, and shipping best-in-class data products and APIs.
As our Product Manager for Machine Learning and Data Products, you will lead and prioritize work on data foundations across the Pocket products, partner with ML engineers to develop personalization capabilities to power experiences across our surfaces, and work closely with our Head of Content to ensure we can deliver high-quality and diverse recommendations suited to each user’s interests and intent. This role is fundamental to Pocket’s success.
Come work with us and make a huge impact on advancing high-quality content on the web.
What you’ll do
- Contribute to the vision and strategy for data products that power content and machine learning experiences at browser scale
- Develop a roadmap to prioritize, test, and build new features based on user needs, platform capabilities, and business potential
- Partner closely with editorial, engineering, machine learning, analytics, and design teams to regularly ship new algorithmic experiences
- Partner with engineers to research, develop, and iterate on machine learning models
- Define, supervise, and analyze metrics for launched products and their impact on the Pocket ecosystem and users, and feed takeaways back into the development process
- Engage with marketing and user research teams to identify needs of users across our discovery surfaces
- Partner with sales and revenue to understand their needs and identify opportunities where algotorial curation can drive revenue
- Partner with product teams across the company to integrate ML models and experiences in other product surfaces
- Represent the Content Discovery group’s needs and vision across the organization
- Clearly communicate product plans, benefits, and results to a wide range of audiences, from internal teams to across Mozilla
What you bring
- 5+ years of product management experience and a consistent track record of delivering impact through engineering teams
- 2+ years of experience shipping consumer-facing technology products at scale, with proven experience in recommendations, personalization, data engineering, or machine-learning based products
- An understanding of machine learning concepts, machine learning models, and algorithms
- Experience managing APIs as products, prioritizing data and ML-engineering work
- Appreciation for user privacy, particularly around personalization
- Understanding of complex data management problems, and related machine learning techniques
- Comfort driving projects from start-to-finish, with multiple partners from diverse subject areas
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.