At Pocket we love what we do, but more meaningfully we are building something that millions of people love, too. Pocket’s content platform has become essential to how people discover and consume content worthy of their time and attention. Nearly 30 million people have saved more than 3 billion articles and videos to Pocket to-date.
If you are passionate about using technology to improve people's lives, we believe Pocket has challenges in front of us that will excite you. We're hoping you'll be ready to jump in and get into the details, too. We're a small team that has the resources of a large company (Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017) and that means lots of opportunity to grow, to help drive new product and go-to-market strategies and to make a tremendous impact daily.
Pocket is now seeking an intelligent, self-motivated and resourceful individual to join as a Programmatic Sales Specialist / Strategist in New York or San Francisco to help take our thriving integrated media, ad sales and content research sales efforts to a new level.
The Programmatic Sales Specialist / Strategist will define and develop our programmatic strategy and successful execution of advertiser campaigns. This individual will use their deep programmatic expertise to educate agency and client contacts, secure client budgets, and deliver against client KPIs. The Strategist’s intimacy with programmatic execution allows them to speak and apply comprehensively to clients about optimization, insights and the overall programmatic landscape. The role also focuses on training, mentorship and internal communication to ensure our team is collaborative and innovative as possible. You will mentor the Brand Partnerships sales team and support them in programmatic client conversations focused on a Mozilla/Pocket programmatic offerings. You will also work with Mozilla/Pocket product teams to improve existing offerings and/or develop new ones.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate with agency planners and advertiser stakeholders to identify clients needs, provide strategic recommendations and communicate campaign performance insights.
- Lead all aspects of programmatic campaigns, from planning and strategy through programmatic buying and trading, performance optimizations, reporting and client communications.
- Act as source of programmatic expertise for agency partners as well as to the Brand Partnerships Sales team.
- Work across various platforms including DSPs (Trading), SSPs (Supplier), DMPs (Data Management).
- Lead big picture strategy, translating programmatic capabilities into real world business outcomes for clients.
- Collaborate with various internal teams including Partnerships, Product, Editorial, Analytics that will help achieve the goals of our programmatic partners and drive advertiser value.
- Manage and optimize PMP campaigns across all clients platforms and tech partners.
- Serve as client contact for any troubleshooting and performance issues.
- Maximize revenue through pricing strategies.
- Maximizing ad fill through inventory management knowledge.
- At least 2 years of DSP/ad network sales experience
- Experience at selling nascent products and / or services
- Extremely organized with strong time management and prioritization skills
- Talent at explaining complex topics in simple terms
- Knowledge of client services, ad operations and ad serving
- Exceptional verbal, writing and presentation skills
- A swift decision maker, able to confidently deliver quality in a rapidly growing and changing organization
- Comfortable in high level conversations with senior brand marketers and key decision makers with the ability to negotiate and close business deals
- Detailed knowledge of online media planning terms and processes
- Immersed in digital culture, with knowledge of trends and innovation in the digital and ad tech space
- Maintain proper adherence to company standards
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.