We’re looking for a passionate, driven engineer to help us craft incredible Pocket experiences on the web.
At Pocket we love what we do, but more meaningfully we are building something that millions of people love, too. Pocket has become essential to how people discover and consume content worthy of their time and attention on any device and on their own time. If you are passionate about using technology to improve people's lives, we believe Pocket has challenges ahead that will excite you.
We are looking for a web engineer to join our discovery team - tasked with connecting our users with content worthy of their time and attention. With millions of people discovering and consuming content across the Pocket platform, our community generates one of the most unique and interesting sets of data on the web. We are looking to expand our team to help achieve our mission of advancing access to and discovery of high-quality content across the web.
We're a small team that has the resources of a large company (Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017) and that means lots of opportunity to own projects from start to finish that have tremendous impact on hundreds of millions of users, across many different devices and platforms. Your role will fundamentally affect the success of Pocket.
Come work with us and make a huge impact.
What you’ll do:
- Join the team reimagining how content is discovered, delivered and consumed on the web.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, product managers, data analysts and support teams to implement our product and user experience strategy.
- Contribute daily to decisions affecting the future of Pocket and its platform.
What you already have:
- You have 3+ years experience developing end-user applications (web-based or native).
- You possess a thorough understanding of web technologies including, JS, CSS, DOM and HTML.
- You have experience being responsible for the full trip from designer hand-off to live implementation.
- You design, write, maintain, and debug software in a cross-browser environment.
- You uphold standards for quality and performance by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, creating tests, and profiling code.
- You stay ahead of the latest/most relevant web technologies and trends.
- You possess a natural eye and passion for using good design principles to deliver web experiences that delight and empower users; in addition, you employ attention to detail in your work and have experience collaborating with a high performing design team.
- You possess strong communication skills and an ability to approach problems in a structured way and distill complex issues into actionable insights.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.