At Pocket we love what we do, but more meaningfully we are building something that millions of people love, too. Pocket’s content platform has become essential to how people discover and consume content worthy of their time and attention. Nearly 30 million people have saved more than 3 billion articles and videos to Pocket to-date.
If you are passionate about using technology to improve people's lives, we believe Pocket has challenges in front of us that will excite you. We're hoping you'll be ready to jump in and get into the details, too. We're a small team that has the resources of a large company (Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017) and that means lots of opportunity to grow, to help drive new product and go-to-market strategies and to make a tremendous impact daily.
Pocket is now seeking an intelligent, self-motivated and resourceful individual to join as a Senior Brand Partnerships Manager in New York or San Francisco to help take our thriving integrated media, ad sales and content research sales efforts to a new level. You should have an active network of client/agency relationships and a consistent track record of building and delivering solid sales solutions in an effective and scalable way. This is a fabulous opportunity and an excellent environment for someone looking to advance their career and be part of an innovative and dynamic organization.
The Senior Brand Partnership Manager is responsible for building success by identifying, qualifying and selling prospects and existing clients on the value of Pocket. In this role you will establish a solid framework of understanding Pocket, create an actionable plan of execution for assigned territory and meet sales goals. The best candidate brings existing relationships with them to the table, and they are comfortable presenting at both a tactical and strategic level; all the while evangelizing, educating and influencing at both the agency and client.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain effective relationship at both agency and client direct
- Develop leads and maintain a strong sales pipeline to ensure sufficient opportunities exist to meet revenue goals
- Assess potential business deals, through RFP response and pursue proactive opportunities via strategic partnerships
- Keep up-to-date and detailed records of sales activity through a CRM solution and effectively forecast monthly and quarterly sales
- Exceptional client service background - Track, analyze and communicate performance of advertiser campaigns on Pocket
- General understanding of Content Marketing and Native Advertising
- The ability to articulate complex ideas in an elegant, meaningful way for the benefit of clients and internal teams
- Present client feedback to Pocket Product and Marketing teams and work to develop new sales offerings to meet your clients needs
- 2-4 years digital media sales or advertising experience with history of exceeding sales goals
- Extremely organized with strong time management and prioritization skills
- New business expert, managing a high volume of sales calls and meetings per day/week
- Strategic thinking to service existing accounts
- Exceptional verbal, writing and presentation skills
- A swift decision maker, able to confidently deliver quality in a rapidly growing and changing organization
- Comfortable in high level conversations with senior brand marketers and key decision makers with the ability to negotiate and close business deals
- Detailed knowledge of online media planning terms and processes
- Immersed in digital culture, with knowledge of trends and innovation in the digital space
- Maintain proper adherence to company standards
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.