We’re looking for a passionate and skilled Android engineer to own and bring to life key aspects of our Android app.
At Pocket we love what we do, but more meaningfully we are building something that millions of people love, too. Pocket has become essential to how people discover and consume content worthy of their time and attention on any device and on their own time.
We're a small team that has the resources of a large company (Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017) and that means lots of opportunity to build, learn and grow in a variety of areas, collaborate closely with fellow team members from many different disciplines, and to own things from start to finish that have tremendous impact on large numbers of people.
If you are passionate about using technology to improve people's lives, we believe Pocket has challenges in front of us that will excite you.
Come work with us and make a huge impact.
What you’ll do:
- Own key aspects of Pocket on the Android platform.
- Participate daily in decisions affecting the future of Pocket and its mobile platform.
- Use and expand your skills in every part of developing an app, from UI down to the underlying architectures that bring apps to life.
- Be a part of a team that enjoys working together and loves what they do.
What you already have:
Simply put: The ability to bring an idea or design to life in an Android app. Some indications of this ability are:
- Contributions to one or more high quality Android apps.
- Knowledge of the Android SDK inside and out.
- A B.S. in Computer Science is a plus, but real-world Android experience is preferred.
- Interest in learning and experimenting with new technologies.
- A natural eye and passion for good design.
Send us your resume, along with:
- One or more Android apps to which you have contributed, ideally available in Google Play.
- Bonus: Links to personal projects that show you are passionate about solving problems and building great user experiences.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.