Join us in helping people live healthier, happier & longer lives
PlushCare, an Accolade company (NASDQ: ACCD), is a Silicon Valley-based virtual primary care platform that is transforming the healthcare industry by making exceptional healthcare more accessible, convenient, and affordable. Since 2015, we've connected thousands of patients throughout the United States with world-class physicians from a phone or laptop.
As we continue to grow and expand our services, we are looking for passionate and empathetic individuals to be part of our journey. Experience in the startup ecosystem is helpful, but a growth mindset and passion for helping people live healthier, happier & longer lives is essential.
Join the Vancouver BC Technical Team1
As an experienced backend engineer, you will work on everything from building highly-scalable and secure services using Python/Django communicating with PlushCare’s applications as well as their partners to being a contributor in the core algorithms that determine physician utilization, allowing patients to experience world class care from world class doctors.
You will be leading the architecture and technology choices and help bring the product to the next level of scale.
What you’ll do
- Utilizing Python/Django you build highly scalable, maintainable micro services
- Drive and shape architecture and lead engineering effort of the highly rated PlushCare platform
- Design and implement complex systems and user workflows under tight deadlines
- Own projects end-to-end, from developing prototypes to ensuring reliable roll-outs to large healthcare systems
- Communicate clearly and effectively with operations, marketing, and the rest of the team
- Collaborate with product management, design, and other engineers to create a cohesive, consistent and easy to use application across all platforms
What we’re looking for
- Experience building large, complex backend systems with a large user base (5+ years)
- Experience building a service oriented architecture using independent micro services
- Excellent knowledge of SQL databases
- Experience using modern technologies for build and testing pipeline like Webpack, and CircleCI
- Strong team player in a flat-structured, highly-collaborative, agile environment is a must
- Strong understanding of client side software, and building efficient back-end services for mobile applications
- Experience in the e-commerce or telemedicine space
- Experience with HIPAA compliance
- Experience using Amazon Web Services
- Experience with React or other front-end technologies
- Diverse and driven individuals who want to make talking to your doctor an amazing experience
🏦 Competitive compensation + equity in a high-growth company
💸 Professional development budget to support your growth
🛫 Generous vacation policy and take care of your health days
🚑 Medical, dental, vision
⌨️ Quarterly home office and weekly lunch stipends
We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view that drives us forward every day