Plum Guide is on a mission to build the definitive collection of the world’s best holiday homes. We are taking a systematic approach to vetting every single home on the planet and accepting only the top 3%. Like a Michelin Guide, but for homes. We do it by putting every home in a destination through a systematic vetting process, which includes identifying candidate homes through proprietary AI, interviewing hosts and sending our Home Critics to visit and test nominated homes in person.
We launched 5 years ago. Since then we have grown incredibly quickly; expanded to 254 locations in 15 countries; tested over 150,000 homes; and developed a customer experience that’s returning the highest NPS scores in the industry.
We are backed by some of the world’s top entrepreneurs and VCs. These include the founders and backers of TransferWise, Citymapper, Zoopla, Secret Escapes, BuzzFeed, Appear Here, Graze, LoveFilm, and many more. Our focus for the next 12 months is on hyperscale and hypergrowth: taking Plum truly global. This is where you come in.
We are scaling across all teams at Plum - as Recruiter, you will be reporting into our Talent Business Partner, helping to hire across all teams in the business, both in the UK, US and beyond. Our ambition is to go from series B to series C by the end of the year, so the challenge and the opportunity is huge!
The ideal candidate will be a generalist recruiter, with experience recruiting across multiple teams and geographies (sales and tech roles preferred). This person will be a strategic talent advisor to their hiring teams, coming to the table with an informed point-of-view on the talent pool, interview best practices, assessment criteria and competitive market insights. This person will have extremely sound professional judgement and will be able to adapt to various situations quickly and with agility.
As well as shaping how we hire, you will also have the opportunity to be involved in a number of talent focused projects including building our employer brand.
- Responsible for full 360 recruitment cycle from attraction to offer/hiring
- Being obsessive about great candidate experience - this includes keeping candidates up to speed on expectations, benefits, and application status at all times
- Partner with Hiring Managers ensuring all aspects of the role's requirements have been explored effectively to define the desired candidate profile, key skills and experience required
- Develop a strong understanding of the recruiting process and drive/recommend improvements
- Coach Hiring Managers in recruiting techniques - talent spotting, interviewing, culture fit, assessment, etc.
- Manage multiple candidate channels including agencies, advertising and other recruiting campaigns
- Utilise data to improve recruiting efficiency, drive innovation and influence hiring decisions
- Stay abreast of relevant news in the travel industry
- Support the team with revamping employee on-boarding to ensure new employees are supported with the correct knowledge and skills to integrate into Plum’s culture
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of recruitment experience
- Experience in recruiting for sales/technical positions in startups, with elite standards for talent
- Track record for successfully identifying, qualifying, and closing exceptional candidates
- Experience working in a multinational company and across multiple locations (preferred)
- In-house recruiting experience (agency experience is bonus)
- Experience in using Greenhouse as ATS (preferred but not a deal breaker)
- A confident communicator with strong people skills
- Passion/interest in Travel
- A self-starter who takes initiatives, has the ability to be extremely hands on and thrives in a fast-faced, dynamic environment
- Competitive salary and (EMI) stock options
- Pension scheme
- 25 days paid holiday + bank holidays
- Hybrid working policy
- Work from anywhere in the world for 4 weeks of the year
- 10% discount on Plum stays for Family and Friends
- Medicash Health plan
- Breakfast & snacks provided + drinks on a Friday!
- Team lunches & get-togethers!
- + more!
‘Plum Guide is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status’.