Please note we are looking for someone who can commit a max of 20 hours per week, ideally willing to come into our Shoreditch HQ 2-3 days per week
Plum Guide is on a mission to build the definitive collection of the world’s best holiday homes. We are taking a systematic approach to vetting every single home on the planet and accepting only the top 3%. Like a Michelin Guide, but for homes. We do it by putting every home in a destination through a systematic vetting process, which includes identifying candidate homes through proprietary AI, interviewing hosts and sending our Home Critics to visit and test nominated homes in person.
We launched 5 years ago. Since then we have grown incredibly quickly; expanded to 254 locations in 15 countries; tested over 150,000 homes; and developed a customer experience that’s returning the highest NPS scores in the industry.
We are backed by some of the world’s top entrepreneurs and VCs. These include the founders and backers of TransferWise, Citymapper, Zoopla, Secret Escapes, BuzzFeed, Appear Here, Graze, LoveFilm, and many more. Our focus for the next 12 months is on hyperscale and hypergrowth: taking Plum truly global. This is where you come in.
Internally you will be known as the Happiness and Culture Assistant, supporting the Head of Happiness and Culture working alongside a diverse and motivated team in a role that will see you gaining lots of experience. The ideal candidate will be someone confident and approachable, who can use their own initiative and bring ideas to the table. They will always be two steps ahead and interested in becoming a core member of the whole company. You will be everyone’s ‘go to’ for all things Plum - whether it’s finding out where we keep the post, or wanting a friendly chat.
This role is ideal for someone who is looking to further their career in either business and team culture, employee development or HR.
Duties for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting our Head of Happiness and Culture with Culture Club who we run for our teams in New York, Portugal and Hong Kong to help everyone feel like one big team
- Be responsible for running the internal events, speaker sessions, parties, celebrations, team bonding, team lunches, after-work drinks and more!
- Keeping personnel records up to date and assisting with new starters, contractors, freelance inductions
- Project work (e.g. mental health initiatives, diversity and inclusion strategy, office updates, refresh of furniture/space)
- Ordering supplies and keeping an eye on stock levels (breakfast, snacks, stationery, kitchen etc.)
- On-boarding / off-board employees
- Managing our Friday at 4 meetings set up (food, drinks and tech set up)
- Ad hoc PA Duties to Founder
Who you are
- Admin/front of house experience (preferred)
- 1+ years of experience in a office management/assistant role
- A creative person interested in events, culture and employee engagement
- A confident, proactive person who can work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Friendly, approachable & personable
- Competitive salary and (EMI) stock options
- Pension scheme
- 25 days paid holiday
- Hybrid working policy
- Work from anywhere in the world for 4 weeks of the year
- Medicash Health plan
- Breakfast & snacks provided & early finish on a Friday!
- Team lunches & get-togethers!
‘Plum Guide is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status’.