Please note we have a hybrid working policy of x2 days in our Shoreditch HQ, the rest from home.
Plum Guide is on a mission to build the definitive collection of the world’s best holiday homes. We are taking a systematic approach to vetting every single home on the planet and accepting only the top 3%. Like a Michelin Guide, but for homes. We do it by putting every home in a destination through a systematic vetting process, which includes identifying candidate homes through proprietary AI, interviewing hosts and sending our Home Critics to visit and test nominated homes in person.
We launched 5 years ago. Since then we have grown incredibly quickly; expanded to 254 locations in 15 countries; tested over 150,000 homes; and developed a customer experience that’s returning the highest NPS scores in the industry.
We are backed by some of the world’s top entrepreneurs and VCs. These include the founders and backers of TransferWise, Citymapper, Zoopla, Secret Escapes, BuzzFeed, Appear Here, Graze, LoveFilm, and many more. Our focus for the next 12 months is on hyperscale and hypergrowth: taking Plum truly global. This is where you come in.
Behind the beautiful and unique homes on Plum Guide is our passionate community of hosts. Often creative, intellectually curious, and travel-obsessed themselves, our hosts are an integral part of our platform. Our host community is growing rapidly, and the Account Management team at Plum is dedicated to helping our hosts achieve commercial success and enjoy the experience of hosting Plum guests.
This role will be part of the Account Management team at Plum, and you will be working specifically with our single homeowner and small business host community. Your goal will be to ensure that every B2C host on Plum is equipped with the resources and knowledge they need to make the most of their Plum homes and hosting experience.
You will fully own and manage resolving all commercial issues for our host community, and will be interacting daily with our hosts to help them manage their listings and suggest ways in which they can make their listings more appealing to Plum guests to generate more bookings.
You will be a part of an exciting and growing company during a pivotal stage of growth, and a key representative for our expanding and global host community.
- Ensuring that our collection of homes stays healthy and improves over time by communicating directly with hosts to boost commercial performance in Salesforce
- Assisting our decline investigation process by helping to troubleshoot issues and follow-up with hosts to have them resolved
- Reaching out to hosts who have paused their listing with us to potentially re-pitch and/or unhide the home for the host
- Working with the larger Account Management team to streamline, automate and scale the B2C host community engine
- Supporting our MatchMaking team where required with certain deals to confirm bookings
- Assisting with ad hoc projects, sales initiatives, and cross functional work to drive our hosts’ commercial success on Plum:
- Legal and finance data collecting
- Other administrative work
- Fluent in English
- Excel at customer facing roles (preferably has experience in this), with strong people, communication and persuasion skills
- Able to handle challenging conversations, comfortable pushing back and convincing others to do what you want them to do: this role would be good experience for someone looking to pursue a career in sales
- Demonstrate excellent judgment, discretion and sensitivity, with an appropriate blend of professionalism and friendliness
- Confident in liaising with different teams and working cross functionally to get the job done
- Highly efficient and organized, with meticulous attention to detail
- High emotional intelligence and a positive attitude: you are a team player
- You are a self-starter who takes initiatives and thrives in a fast-faced, dynamic environment
- Experience using Salesforce would be an added bonus but not essential
- Fluency with Excel/Google sheets & data analysis
- Competitive salary
- Choose your own hardware
- Working from home flexibility - currently doing 2 days per week in the office for London based staff.
- 4 weeks work from anywhere in the world per year
- Learning and growth:
- Be surrounded by smart people who care about delivering
- Access to new books and learning platforms
- A close and friendly team that is growing fast and becoming known in the industry
- Be part of a diverse, transparent and open culture
- Friendly and fun atmosphere with a drive to learn
- Autonomy and ownership from the start
- Physical and remote outings
- “Friday@4” company updates with snacks and drinks & an early finish!
‘Plum Guide is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status’.