Please note, if you are applying in the UK you will be required to work Tuesday's and Friday's from our Shoreditch HQ. Outside of the UK we are open to fully remote.
Plum Guide is building a marketplace of the world's best holiday homes to remove the unbearability and unreliability of decision making when choosing your travel accommodation.
Ever tried booking a home? It’s hours of anxiety zooming in and out of photographs to inspect the home. Meticulously going over the details to see if they cover basic things like wi-fi and then spending ages trying to read between the lines of every review. Finally.. cross checking the price with 3 other platforms and wondering if there’s going to be extra charges on the checkout.
We want to reduce the hours of anxiety that it takes to find a suitable home into a few clicks to find the perfect home. Every single time you use the Plum Guide, you are confident that there couldn’t be a better option.
We do this by taking a data led approach to define the best homes using ML to grade them. Then every property gets independently tested and reviewed by our hospitality critics as they collect 500 data points about the home: from wifi speeds to shower pressure. We’re big on data.
We have an ambitious and passionate culture. We have fun and care about each other as well as drive to build something big. As we grow, so will you in terms of technical skills, responsibility and scale.
We believe in a product mindset to focus and deliver impact as well as a devops mindset to continuously deploy. We empower our product function to own the entire lifecycle from idea inception to assessing the business opportunity, all the way to deployment and measuring impact.
You will be joining our Host Experience cross-functional teams as a product manager to create a simple, high value added and enduring experience with our hosts.
This an example of some of the activities run by our Host Experience team:
- Host and Home acquisition through campaigns and seamless sign-ups
- Complex but frictionless and painless onboarding experiences
- Tooling to power home testing with criteria up to 500 data points
- Beautiful and user friendly dashboards and editorial tools for property and booking management
- Internal Listing creation and merchandising tools
- Power tools for property and booking management
As a Product Manager you will be reporting to the Product Lead for Hosts and together you will be defining and delivering the roadmap for our host proposition. Together with the Engineering leads you will be running 1 or 2 engineering teams on a daily basis.
You will be writing user stories, analysing data, doing customer research, monitoring performance on a daily basis and supporting the other business teams to achieve their goals through product solutions.
You are passionate about product & engineering and problem solving at scale. You care about delivering results and take pride in what you build. You balance experience with pragmatism and speed.
As we grow, so does our product - we are always learning and improving. Having a healthy mix of experience in a high volume and transactional environment is desirable.
In addition to that the ideal candidate would have the following experience:
- 3+ years in designing, building and running travel or e-commerce customer-facing web applications
- A Passion for the customer
- Experience in working side by side with engineers in an Agile environment
- Experience in analysing data from analytics and business intelligence tools
- A good sense of user experience with proven examples
- A meticulous eye for detail
- A desire to achieve beautiful, flawless looking customer experiences
- Hunger for impact, growth and responsibility
- Experience in A/B testing and analytics frameworks
- A proactive, self-motivated, self-managing personality and be prepared for startup life
- Competitive salary
- Choose your own hardware
- Working from home flexibility - currently doing 2 days per week in the office for London based staff.
- 1 month work from anywhere in the world per year
- Learning and growth:
- Be surrounded by smart people who care about delivering
- Access to new books and learning platforms
- A close and friendly team that is growing fast and becoming known in the industry
- Regular engineering ‘sharing’ sessions
- Be part of a diverse, transparent and open culture
- Friendly and fun atmosphere with a drive to learn
- Autonomy and ownership from the start
- Physical and remote outings, including our monthly ‘Plum Jam’
- “Friday@4” company updates with snacks and drinks
‘Plum Guide is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status’.