Plum Guide is on a mission to build the definitive collection of the world’s best holiday homes. We are taking a systematic approach to vetting every single home on the planet and accepting only the top 3%. Like a Michelin Guide, but for homes. We do it by putting every home in a destination through a systematic vetting process, which includes identifying candidate homes through proprietary AI, interviewing hosts and sending our Home Critics to visit and test nominated homes in person.
We launched 5 years ago. Since then we have grown incredibly quickly; expanded to 254 locations in 15 countries; tested over 150,000 homes; and developed a customer experience that’s returning the highest NPS scores in the industry.
We are backed by some of the world’s top entrepreneurs and VCs. These include the founders and backers of TransferWise, Citymapper, Zoopla, Secret Escapes, BuzzFeed, Appear Here, Graze, LoveFilm, and many more. Our focus for the next 12 months is on hyperscale and hypergrowth: taking Plum truly global. This is where you come in.
We are looking for a Part-Qualified Assistant Management Accountant to join our small finance team. You will be an integral part of our finance team reporting directly to our Financial Controller and working closely with all teams across the business.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities. Strong attention to detail is essential and you must have a “can do” approach, with a proven ability to work on your own initiative. Excellent communication skills are a must with confidence in building relationships with various levels and areas of the business.
We are growing super-fast, which means the specifics of the role will quickly evolve and morph. However, to bring it to life, here is what you can expect to be doing:
- Assisting the Financial Controller with preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Working with all teams across the business and being the first point of contact for finance queries
- Preparing UK payroll monthly and US payroll bi-weekly; with ownership of any corresponding reporting
- Managing our outstanding receivables and bad debt reporting
- Assisting with year-end accounts preparation and the external audit
- Assisting with HMRC reporting (VAT, PSA, P11ds)
- Ad hoc projects, task and duties as required by the CFO and Financial Controller
- Part qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA), degree qualified
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills; ability to remain calm under pressure and meet deadlines
- Independent with good initiative and willing to take ownership of tasks
- Excellent communication with the ability to communicate clearly & effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Excellent Excel skills
- Xero experience is advantageous
- Ambitious and quick to learn - experience in a start-up is a bonus
- Study support for remaining accountancy exams plus 2 study days off per exam (capped at 8 per year)
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Pension scheme
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Medical cashplan and access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Maternity and Paternity leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Assurance policy
- See the direct impact of your work on the business
- Room for growth and progression as the business grows
Plum Guide is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.