Plum Guide is building a marketplace of the world's best holiday homes to remove the unbearability and unreliability of decision making when choosing your travel accommodation.
Ever tried booking a home? It’s hours of anxiety zooming in and out of photographs to inspect the home. Meticulously going over the details to see if they cover basic things like wi-fi and then spending ages trying to read between the lines of every review. Finally.. cross checking the price with 3 other platforms and wondering if there’s going to be extra charges on the checkout.
We want to reduce the hours of anxiety that it takes to find a suitable home into a few clicks to find the perfect home. Every single time you use the Plum Guide, you are confident that there couldn’t be a better option.
We do this by taking a data led approach to define the best homes using ML to grade them. Then every property gets independently tested and reviewed by our hospitality critics as they collect 500 data points about the home: from wifi speeds to shower pressure. We’re big on data.
We have an ambitious and passionate culture. We have fun and care about each other as well as drive to build something big. As we grow, so will you in terms of technical skills, responsibility and scale.
We believe in a product mindset to focus and deliver impact as well as a devops mindset to continuously deploy. We empower engineers to own the entire lifecycle from infrastructure as code build pipelines, write and test code, all the way to deployment and measure impact.
You will be joining one of our cross-functional teams as a software engineer with a specialism in backend technologies. For us, this means you will be largely working with microservices architecture using .NET Core, Azure, Docker, Kuberentes, Pulumi and more.
We split our tech into 4 main domains and here is a flavour on what you could be working on:
- Guest experience:
- Engaging discovery and search for our homes across the world
- Building an exceptional landing and discovery experience through high volume personalised landing pages and experiences
- Obsessing about performance and SEO to drive organic growth
- Personalized, smart and data-driven search
- Frictionless checkout experiences
- Host experience:
- Host and Home acquisition though campaigns and seamless sign-ups
- Complex but frictionless and painless onboarding experiences
- Tooling to power home testing with criteria up to 500 data points
- High transactional integrations with 3rd party partners
- Beautiful and user friendly dashboards and editorial tools for property and booking management
- Internal Listing creation and merchandising tools
- Power tools for property and booking management
- Platform scale:
- Building and maintaining, high availability, high performant mission critical services like Pricing, Booking, and Availability Services and APIs
- Evolving, scaling and maintaining our core system though monitoring, alerting, testing
- Productivity Tools:
- Internal tooling for power users of critical business functions from marketing, finance and marketplace
- Tooling for automation and analytics
- Supporting and connecting high volume data pipelines between teams and services
- A suite of tools used to power and automate our business activities
- Includes event tracking and data warehousing
You are passionate about engineering and problem solving at scale. You care about the quality of code and take pride in what you ship. You balance experience with pragmatism and speed.
The following are some examples of profiles that are relevant to us:
- Have 3+ years development experience at startups, agencies or software companies
- Engineering experience in C#
- Experience with high-scale web applications, distributed systems and APIs
- Experienced in devOps practices and promoter of automation
- Advocate for modern tech, tooling and infrastructure
- You know your Grafana from your segment.io from your Algolia
- You get a kick out of tracking down site anomalies in the cloud
- No ego and dedicated team player; we’ve got your back so make sure you have ours
- You strive for responsibility and ownership. And lots of it
- Clear written and verbal communication with non-technical people
YOUR TECH SKILLS & OUR STACK
As we grow, so does our stack and processes - we are always learning.
Having a healthy mix of experience in our stack would be highly desirable.
- C#, .Net, MVC, Core, API, EF
- Cloud infrastructure, Azure, AWS
- Docker, Kubernetes, Pulumi, Terraform
- OO, distributed and architectural design patterns
- SQL, NoSql, Redis, Elastic, Postgres
- Code optimisation and performance
- CI / CD, TeamCity, Octopus, Pipelines, Azure Devops
- Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Pulumi
- Unit and integrations testing frameworks
- Competitive salary
- Choose your own hardware
- Learning and growth:
- Be surrounded by smart people who care about delivering
- Access to new books and learning platforms
- A close and friendly team that is growing fast and becoming known in the industry
- Regular engineering ‘sharing’ sessions
- Be part of a diverse, transparent and open culture
- Friendly and fun atmosphere with a drive to learn
- Autonomy and ownership from the start
If this excites you, we would love to hear from you. Please note, this is a remote position. We are accepting applications +- 2 hours from GMT [currently Italy Poland Spain Portugal Switzerland Turkey South Africa]. If you are applying outside of these countries, we will consider your application and let you know if we're able to proceed.
So, send us your CV and tell us why you would like to work with us :) and, if you feel you are too senior or too junior for this role, but got super excited when reading, please get in touch. We’re looking to fill this position immediately, so the sooner the better. Good luck!
Plum Guide is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.