We are accepting applications from the UK only - we are open to this role being fully remote for the foreseeable.
As a business, we're currently working remotely until July 2021 - details to follow on flexible working moving forward.
Plum Guide is building a marketplace of the world’s best holiday homes. Every property has been independently tested and reviewed by our hospitality critics. Like the Michelin Guide - but for homes.
We launched 5 years ago in London. Since then, we have grown; expanded to 17 cities and various vacation rental locations; tested over 100,000 homes and developed a customer experience that’s returning the highest NPS scores in the hospitality sector.
We are backed by some of the world’s top VCs and angel investors who have built many of the world’s most exciting companies of today. These include TransferWise, Citymapper, BuzzFeed, Appear Here, Graze, Depop, Marvel, GymBox, Zoopla, LoveFilm, Secret Escapes and many more.
Our focus for the next 12 months is on scaling our supply footprint across the USA and Europe, acquiring new customers and delivering an exceptional customer experience.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We are a product-focused organisation split across three core teams: experience, growth and marketplace. We empower teams to focus on core business metrics using OKRs and for them to own and drive change to deliver impact.
You will be highly collaborative working with product managers, engineers and stakeholders across the business refining Plum Guide customer experience. As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next product innovation to tweaking pixels right before releases.
What you'll do
- Build empathy with our customers, understand their wants and needs. Fulfil design and research activities to help ensure solutions are insight-driven and truly customer-centric
- Work on every aspect of the product’s design, from solving the core user problem to shipping a well-tested and pixel perfect UI
- Understand specific platform standards and brand design ambitions and translate these into deliverables for our engineering teams
- Work on Plum UI design system with engineers and help develop it further
- Seek out creative, design-led solutions to challenging problems and always research and bring forward new findings and learnings
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, brand creative, analytics and other key teams to define the customers and the business problems
- Keep abreast of new technology, design trends and emerging digital products thinking
We’d love to meet someone with
- 4+ years of experience
- Experience in designing a transactional, high frequency product (essential)
- Experience in designing and shipping highly engaging consumer products or products for businesses
- Good technical competency in product design, interaction design, visual designs and prototyping skills
- Demonstrated communication skills and good stakeholder management, including relevant senior team members
- Proven ability to take ownership, creatively solve problems, and proactively contribute to the objectives of the business
- Ability to understand technical implications in design decisions
- Very good working knowledge of research methods and can conduct research and usability studies without additional support from other team members
- Ability to inspire your digital product colleagues with working practice or ideas
- Strong experience in prototyping, interaction and visual design and excellent use of relevant tools (Figma, InVision, Sketch)
- You are great at writing UX copy.
- You're talented in illustration, animation or designing iconography.
- You are fluent/native in a second language.
- Competitive salary and Stock options
- Pension scheme
- Rest up to 25 days of the year
- Medicash Health Insurance
- Maternity and Paternity leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Life Assurance policy
‘Plum Guide is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status’.