Please note: the role will be remote for the foreseeable future as we continue to watch how COVID-19 progresses. We will only be accepting applications from those who are based in New York State and you must have good knowledge of New York.
Plum Guide is on a mission to build the definitive collection of the world’s best holiday homes. We are taking a systematic approach to vetting every single home on the planet and accepting only the top 3%. Like a Michelin Guide, but for homes. We do it by putting every home in a destination through a systematic vetting process, which includes identifying candidate homes through proprietary AI, interviewing hosts and sending our Home Critics to visit and test nominated homes in person.
We launched 5 years ago. Since then we have grown incredibly quickly; expanded to 254 locations in 15 countries; tested over 150,000 homes; and developed a customer experience that’s returning the highest NPS scores in the industry.
We are backed by some of the world’s top entrepreneurs and VCs. These include the founders and backers of TransferWise, Citymapper, Zoopla, Secret Escapes, BuzzFeed, Appear Here, Graze, LoveFilm, and many more. Our focus for the next 12 months is on hyperscale and hypergrowth: taking Plum truly global. This is where you come in.
The Concierge Mission
To be the most responsive and solutions drive service of any booking platform in the world
This is an excellent opportunity to join Plum Guide’s concierge team as we expand our footprint in the US. We are on a quest to make our concierge experience so exceptional that it truly differentiates our service.
There are 3 core principles at the heart of everything we do: speed, service, and solutions.
The concierge team is the ‘front of house’ for Plum Guide, so it is essential to the business and brand that the team are helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. You will assist guests before, during, and after the booking process via LiveChat, email, and on the phone, with the aim of converting website visitors to bookings and turning each guest into a Plum fan for life.
The role will include:
- Qualifying each guests unique set of needs in order to cherry pick the best home(s)
- Answer pre, during, and post-stay questions
- Assisting with any booking, payment or ID verification challenges
- Booking amendments
- Assisting guests with check-in enquiries
The Right Person
You will excel in this role if you:
- Are excited about being part of a rapidly growing business
- Have terrific interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
- Have exceptionally high standards and are permanently dissatisfied with ‘just OK’
- Are target-driven (and have a proven track record)
- Work well under pressure
- Are a natural problem solver
- Have a positive attitude
- Are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Are motivated by customer satisfaction
- Are interested in building a long-term career within sales or customer service
- Operate well individually and as part of a team
- Have a consultative approach
- Are great at relationship building
- Good knowledge of New York State
- 1-2 years experience in a customer facing role
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Ability to work one weekend day each week (either Tues-Sat or Sun-Thurs)
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Additional languages an added bonus
- Proficiency in Salesforce preferred but not a dealbreaker
Plum Guide is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.