Please note: we are looking for someone who has a second language in either French, Italian or Spanish (preferred)
About Plum Guide
Plum Guide is on a mission to build the definitive collection of the world’s best holiday homes. We are taking a systematic approach to vetting every single home on the planet and accepting only the top 3%. Like a Michelin Guide, but for homes. We do it by putting every home in a destination through a systematic vetting process, which includes identifying candidate homes through proprietary AI, interviewing hosts and sending our Home Critics to visit and test nominated homes in person.
We launched 5 years ago. Since then we have grown incredibly quickly; expanded to 254 locations in 15 countries; tested over 150,000 homes; and developed a customer experience that’s returning the highest NPS scores in the industry.
We are backed by some of the world’s top entrepreneurs and VCs. These include the founders and backers of TransferWise, Citymapper, Zoopla, Secret Escapes, BuzzFeed, Appear Here, Graze, LoveFilm, and many more. Our focus for the next 12 months is on hyperscale and hypergrowth: taking Plum truly global. This is where you come in.
We have an ambitious plan to expand everywhere and have recently launched in many new holiday destinations, and we’re looking for the teams who will run those cities on an ongoing basis.
About the Role
This is an incredible opportunity to play a pivotal role within a hyper-growth startup looking to disrupt and revolutionise the entrenched hotel industry. You're the expert here - we'll be relying on you as an A-list Sales specialist in your market to take ownership of designing the strategy to target and grow relationships with the best and largest property providers in the city. Quality supply is the #1 driver of sales here at Plum, and these B2B prospects often manage a portfolio of between 50 - 250 homes. You will be turbocharging the growth of supply in your region by finding, engaging and signing the best B2B accounts on the market.
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by positions in this class.
- Own and execute the expansion and new business acquisition strategy for your assigned region (a combination of markets in France, Italy, Spain and other countries tbd like Greece, Portugal, ..)
- Develop, manage and close a pipeline of our most important prospects in key markets
- Pitch and negotiate with B2B prospects in your markets, with the goal of signing and successfully onboard the very best who will respect our Plum proposition and deliver great performance
- Build and develop your network in the space and establish yourself as a thought leader amongst the vacation rental industry
- Work with your team to continuously iterate on the way we sell, our processes and tools, our collaterals, etc
- Find new solutions to overcome key objections and barriers: create case studies, work cross-functionally to remove barriers
- Set up your signed B2B for success on Plum: pitch the right “behaviour” from day one, and be the ultimate responsible for their performance when they go live
Experience & Requirements
- Fluency in either Spanish, Italian or French (preferred)
- 2+ years of experience selling
- Target driven and intensely commercial, with an collaborative mindset that can uncover potential growth opportunities
- A natural sales leader: you love working on new business and understand what it takes to build relationships
- Ability to problem solve - identify blockers or challenges and quickly overcome them
- Proven track record of delivering results in a dynamic high-growth environment with ambitious timelines
- Experience using Salesforce (desired)
- Fit the Plum brand values and culture, and will leave a great impression on hosts
- Excellent communication skills and ability to provide excellent customer service
- Degree required
- A genuine passion for what we do!
Plum Guide is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.