About Plum Guide
Plum Guide is on a mission to build the definitive collection of the world’s best holiday homes. We are taking a systematic approach to vetting every single home on the planet and accepting only the top 3%. Like a Michelin Guide, but for homes. We do it by putting every home in a destination through a systematic vetting process, which includes identifying candidate homes through proprietary AI, interviewing hosts and sending our Home Critics to visit and test nominated homes in person.
We launched 5 years ago. Since then we have grown incredibly quickly; expanded to 254 locations in 15 countries; tested over 150,000 homes; and developed a customer experience that’s returning the highest NPS scores in the industry.
We are backed by some of the world’s top entrepreneurs and VCs. These include the founders and backers of TransferWise, Citymapper, Zoopla, Secret Escapes, BuzzFeed, Appear Here, Graze, LoveFilm, and many more. Our focus for the next 12 months is on hyperscale and hypergrowth: taking Plum truly global. This is where you come in.
Our beautifully curated listings are created by a pool of talented copywriting professionals. As our Curation Ops Manager, you will lead the coordination of this pool and the merchandising operation at large. Your job will be to ensure the listing production machine runs efficiently at high volumes, delivering listings at pace and to an incredibly high standard, showing off our homes in their very best light.
You’ll be part of the broader Merchandising & Quality Team, responsible for the quality of every home and listing published on our site. The team has the ultimate say on whether a home is good enough to be on Plum Guide.
Merchandising holds a unique and treasured position in our company, at the intersection of Brand and the commercial Home Acquisition and Sales teams. It’s a truly cross-functional setup, working in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Your mission is to run and supercharge Plum’s merchandising function as we accelerate towards global scale, operating within a defined budget. You’ll be in charge of ensuring that all listings meet our standards of complete, accurate and on-brand content to ensure commercial success for our homes.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Your remit will include:
- Liaising with our Home Acquisition & Sales teams to ensure we have complete, accurate and high quality content for each listing
- Merchandising capacity planning in collaboration with stakeholders from the Home Acquisition Teams to ensure there’s never a ‘traffic jam’ of listings waiting to be built: copywriting capacity needs to flex intelligently in anticipation of the variable volumes coming through the pipe throughout each quarter
- Recruitment, training, onboarding and performance management of the freelance copywriters to ensure high quality output
- Scaling the merchandising engine: optimising the systems and processes to run smoother, faster and more effectively, so you can deliver double the volume of listings quarter-on-quarter while maintaining the quality of output
- Being the day-to-day lead point of contact for requests from the rest of the business to the Merchandising Team
What does success look like?
- The freelancer pool is operating effectively and at a very high quality (KPI: listing quality score)
- The merchandising function is never unduly slowing the business down in pursuit of ambitious ‘number of homes live’ targets (KPI: time spent in merchandising queue)
- The conversion rate of listings built in the quarter is better than the quarter before (KPI: merchandising conversion rate, which is clicks on listings / bookings confirmed)
- Obsessed with operational efficiency, while also being highly sensitive to brand (i.e. you know precisely what good visuals and great copy look like)
- A confident communicator who is able to handle difficult conversations and is comfortable pushing back in the name of quality when others are pushing for speed and quantity
- Effective at working with creative talent: strong management and interpersonal skills, and a high level of emotional intelligence
- A self-starter who takes initiatives and thrives in a fast-faced, dynamic environment
- Happiest when you have to multi-task and coordinate complex projects
- Highly organised and detail-oriented
- Positive and resilient with a can-do attitude
- Comfortable with data and proficient using Excel
- You have direct experience working in a complex operational environment (bonus if it’s in content production), ideally in a brand-led organisation
‘Plum Guide is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status’.