We are hiring in the Wales. Multiple positions are needed for this location. We are only taking applications for those people that are based in these locations.
Our photographers are Plum’s eyes. Imagery is one of our most important and differentiating assets, so we’re kind of obsessive about it (in a good way!).
In this role you can expect to:
- Join an extensive training session, upskilling you on the Plum Guide brand and familiarizing you with our photography guidelines.
- Visit the most beautiful homes in your area and meet their owners.
- Shoot & style homes according to our photography guidelines. Shoots take between 2 and 4 hours (depending on the efficiency of the photographer and size of the home).
- Edit, re-touch and format images to meet the requirements in our guidelines. Post-production takes between 30 minutes and 1.5 hours (depending on the speed of the photographer and size of the home).
- Be an ambassador of the Plum brand, and convey our passion for great design & high quality service to prospective Plum Guide hosts.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for enthusiastic photographers who will be able to shoot homes according to our guidelines. You are storytellers, and pride yourselves on creating beautiful visual assets. Please get in touch if:
- You have a solid portfolio of interior, design, lifestyle or architecture photography. Professional photography experience with an interiors or hospitality brand (architecture, art, fashion, travel, hotels, etc.) is required.
- You think real estate photography is bland and boring, and can bring much more life to a space. You are able to tell a story about a space through photos – and can capture the things that make it unique.
- You’re organized and committed. You take responsibility seriously, and never miss appointments or deadlines (or if you must reschedule, you give a heads up).
- You’re a people-person and make a great first impression. You are eager to be the face of our brand, and want to build strong relationships to ensure an excellent host experience.
- You are receptive to feedback. We have tight guidelines and a strict review process. We are looking for people who take feedback positively and are willing to make changes accordingly.
- You’re collaborative and a team player. You will often attend home tests with the Home Critic, and work together to decide what highlights of the home to capture. You enjoy sharing ideas, and are a good listener when it comes to other people’s opinions.
Why join the Plum team?
- Get paid to explore the most beautiful homes in your region
- Become a member of an expansive network of interiors experts, art & architecture fiends, and design aficionados
- Join a passionate, friendly and transparent work culture
- Work on your own schedule
- Have fun along the way!
The fine print
- This is a freelance position. We are looking for someone who can dedicate at least 3 months on the job, dependent on need and availability.
- A solid grasp of the English language is required.
- You have a DSLR with a full frame sensor, tripod and editing software.
- Lastly, we are aware of the current hesitations and restrictions around testing homes due to COVID-19. For more information on our safety guidelines, please ask during your interview.
- After reviewing your application, our team will be in touch if we decide to move forward with your candidacy. In the second phase, you will be asked to complete a mock home photography test and an image comparison exercise (this should take between 3-5 hours in total).
- The final step will be a video interview! We’re thrilled to get to know you better and hear more about why you’re excited to join our team.
Plum Guide is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.