About the role:
We’re building the next generation of data science tools for people that love data science. We work with some of the world’s largest organizations to help them succeed in analyzing their data and scaling their data science workloads. We need your awesome talent to lead our QA efforts in building A-Grade applications and dataviz components to power these teams.
Downloaded 5 million times per month, Dash & Plotly are how AI, ML, and data science in Python are delivered to business users.
We’re a fun, growing, highly collaborative, creative team of people that love our craft. We care about diversity, equity, and helping each other succeed. We value communication, curiosity, kindness, passion, and a healthy, work-life balance. We are avid readers, hackers, architects, and data scientists.
If engineering excites you, and you think Plotly is the place for you, we’d love to chat further.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use your creativity, curiosity, and resourcefulness to shape a new standard of quality at Plotly.
- Block software releases if they don’t meet your standards (don’t worry, we’ll have your back!)
- Help cultivate an environment of exceptional software quality. Educate and help others understand why they’ll soon love product quality as much as you do.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans, and test cases.
- Test current products to identify, isolate, and track defects.
- Suggest solutions to identified product problems.
- Perform manual tests, where appropriate, to ensure that our automated tests are well-balanced with manual testing.
- Ensure products meet customer expectations and demand as well as performance & reliability targets.
- Create, document, maintain, extend and execute automation test coverage including: automated test scripts for APIs, platform and UI software components in close coordination with developers and other key stakeholders and from functional and technical documentation
- Plan, create and manage the overall Quality Planning strategy.
- Act as a knowledge resource for testing automation and train and support other team members as appropriate.
- An understanding of QA concepts, automation design patterns and software testing principles and methodologies.
- Experience in test case writing, automation tool frameworks, and automated script development, and maintaining test data sets and associated documentation.
- Experience with load and performance testing including design, development, implementation and reporting.
- Experience in Continuous Integration environments, ideally using Github Actions.
- Experience working with and testing API / Restful services.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines.
- Excellent communication skills.
Nice to haves:
- BS in computer science or a related field preferred.
- Experience with Python
- Data science and machine learning experience.
- Experience working in a containerized (Docker, Kubernetes) environment.
What We Can Offer You:
- A way to put your skills to use enabling people around the world to better understand their data and make better decisions
- Knowledge-sharing with smart, motivated colleagues and folks working at the most sophisticated companies in the world
- Flexible schedule and generous PTO
- A promote-from-within philosophy
- Medical, dental, vision, and more benefits
- Company stock options
- Remote work policy
- Parental leave policy
- Learning and development program
- Community involvement
- Immigration Support
- Home office set up fund
Plotly is a high-growth company that is transforming how people visualize data by helping Fortune 500 companies close the gap between Data Science and the rest of the organization. We started building our precedent-setting open-source software back in 2013, and since then we’ve received over $30M in funding, including from grants such as ScaleAI and the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, to support our efforts. Plotly is primed to continue its path toward becoming the most downloaded, trusted framework for building AI, ML & data science web apps for the world’s leading companies.
At Plotly, you'll work alongside a diverse team of 50 first-class scientists, engineers, developers and builders that challenge the status quo and set the bar high. We encourage each member of our team to explore and expand their skill sets on a continuous basis, to approach every problem with curiosity and an open-mind. Together, we make it possible for people everywhere to share data, facts and information. We believe that knowledge is built through sharing and accessibility, through dialog and debate on a level playing field. Come help us democratize the data so that we can deliver knowledge.
Plotly is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. If you require any accommodations, please let us know in advance.
We’re looking forward to getting to know you!