About the Role
We're building Dash Enterprise, a web app that lets data scientists quickly and easily spin up and scale data science and ML apps. We do this using Kubernetes. Cool, right? You'll spend most of your day programming 60-90%. New codebase and we use cool technologies like Kafka, Kubernetes, NestJS, and CockroachDB.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contributing node.js code (NestJS) to the backend. You might add a new graphql mutation, extend a worker to support the build system, or add some automated tests.
- Working on the Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Writing and reviewing design proposals.
- Reviewing PRs from other developers.
- Mentoring junior developers.
- Working closely with product to determine what to build and the feasibility/difficulty of different features.
Technical skills :
- Experience: 5+ years developing software. Strong with Node.js.
- Ideally familiar with NestJS, GraphQL, Kafka, Kubernetes, and/or event-driven architecture.
- Table stakes: Familiar with git, pull requests, SQL, API design, automated testing, and writing clean/maintainable code.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Personality: You should be self-directed, comfortable diving into something you don't fully understand, friendly, and deeply care about doing a good job.
- Location: US or Canada. Bonus points for Canada/Quebec.
What We Can Offer You:
- A way to put your skills to use enabling people around the world to better understand their data and make better decisions
- Knowledge-sharing with smart, motivated colleagues and folks working at the most sophisticated companies in the world
- Flexible schedule and generous PTO
- A promote-from-within philosophy
- Medical, dental, vision, and more benefits
- Company stock options
- Remote work policy
- Parental leave policy
- Learning and development program
- Community involvement
- Immigration Support
- Home office set up fund
Plotly is a high-growth company that is transforming how people visualize data by helping Fortune 500 companies close the gap between Data Science and the rest of the organization. We started building our precedent-setting open-source software back in 2013, and since then we’ve received over $30M in funding, including from grants such as ScaleAI and the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, to support our efforts. Plotly is primed to continue its path toward becoming the most downloaded, trusted framework for building AI, ML & data science web apps for the world’s leading companies.
At Plotly, you'll work alongside a diverse team of 50 first-class scientists, engineers, developers and builders that challenge the status quo and set the bar high. We encourage each member of our team to explore and expand their skill sets on a continuous basis, to approach every problem with curiosity and an open-mind. Together, we make it possible for people everywhere to share data, facts and information. We believe that knowledge is built through sharing and accessibility, through dialog and debate on a level playing field. Come help us democratize the data so that we can deliver knowledge.
Plotly is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. If you require any accommodations, please let us know in advance.
We’re looking forward to getting to know you!