Plotly is on a mission to bring data science out of the lab and into the business. Plotly’s Dash, Chart Studio and graphing libraries have been downloaded by over 6M users and are the front end to mission critical applications at Fortune 1000 companies worldwide. Our roots are in open source software, and we have a firm belief that data science is a team sport, so it's our goal to deliver software and platforms that help our customers modernize and operationalize data science.
We believe work should be fun -- and just a little geeky (well, maybe a lot :) So we've built a culture of skill-sharing, work-life balance, and open discussion.
Due to continued growth, we are actively seeking an experienced product marketing manager to oversee Plotly’s integrated GTM strategy. In this role you will be responsible for overseeing product marketing for Plotly's flagship products, Dash and Chart Studio. You'll plan and oversee product launches, refine messaging and positioning, and help grow usage of Plotly's open source and enterprise offerings worldwide
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Advance Plotly’s GTM strategy and drive growth: Develop and refine overall GTM strategy for Plotly’s open source and enterprise product offerings. Work cross-functionally with marketing, sales and product management to achieve revenue and product adoption goals.
- Know the market: Develop market segmentation, refine and align the team on personas, contribute to product pricing, provide voice of customer feedback for roadmap development.
- Craft messaging and positioning: Create compelling product positioning and messaging that clearly defines and differentiates Plotly’s Dash and Chart Studio products in the data science market.
- Create compelling collateral and content: Develop cross-media content that tells the Dash and Chart Studio story and highlights our unique value props. Develop web content, videos, white papers, articles, collateral and cheat sheets to be leveraged globally by sales and marketing.
- Be the expert: Transform technical information, product features and marketing messaging to a one-to-one sales conversation that supports positioning and objection handling through live presentations, sales decks and prospect conversations.
- Product Launch: Define and drive the GTM launch for all new product releases project managing through key stakeholders and cross-functional team.
- Be analytical: Track, measure and analyze success of programs, materials, and messaging.
- Product marketing experience with growing responsibility within the data visualization, data science or technical computing market
- Understanding of marketing to open source community and commercial product offerings
- BS or BA in IT, communications, or tech-centric degrees, or equivalent experience. MBA not required, but nice :)
- Ability to translate complex subjects into understandable and motivating materials
- Demonstrated history of creating successful GTM strategy and managing product launches with proven results
- Experience writing and creating materials, with meticulous attention to detail, for a variety of formats: websites, email, social media, powerpoint, documentation and sales material
- Analytical skills with an ability to translate metrics into actions to continually improve product marketing effectiveness
- Positive attitude. Ability to organize, champion a plan, and gain support for your vision
What we can offer you:
- Flexible work environment
- An opportunity to help build out our Boston area office
- A generous benefit plan
- A work culture that engenders skill-sharing, work-life balance, and open discussion
- The opportunity to grow your career and learn new things
- To be part of a team of ambitious, hard working and caring individuals
- To be part of a very promising tech start up company that is in a stage of rapid and exciting growth
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Conditions: Mainly sitting
Hours of Work/Travel: Full time; Travel up to 20%
Plotly is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
You can also view the job post on our website https://plot.ly/company/careers/