Pliant Therapeutics is a public, clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar to meet the unmet medical needs of physicians, patients and families impacted by fibrotic disease. The Company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules.
The Company’s lead product candidate, PLN-74809, is an oral, small molecule selective inhibitor of the αvβ1 and αvβ6 integrins that play a key role in multiple fibrotic pathways. PLN-74809 has received Orphan Drug Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in both idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) and are currently in Phase 2a clinical trials for these indications. The company recently reported positive data from its Phase 2a trial in IPF and is currently ramping up activities in preparation for a late-stage clinical trial at worldwide sites.
Pliant has also developed PLN-1474, a small molecule, selective inhibitor of αvß1 for the treatment of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis, or NASH with liver fibrosis. Pliant is initiating a Phase 1 study for its third clinical program, PLN-101095, a small molecule, dual-selective inhibitor of αvß8 and αvß1 integrins, that is being developed for the treatment of solid tumors. The Company also has discovery and development programs in oncology and muscular dystrophies.
The Company is seeking passionate, creative, and dedicated individuals to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Pliant is seeking a highly motivated, self-driven and experienced Project Manager to contribute to the Company's mission of helping patients with life-threatening fibrotic diseases. The position will report into the Director of Clinical Program Management in the Portfolio and Program Management group and will partner closely with the clinical development operations team and cross-functional dept. leaders. This position will provide program management leadership to the execution of Pliant’s clinical strategy. The successful candidate will be a team player with high emotional intelligence and who is organized, innovative, and inventive with outstanding leadership, communication, and project management skills.
- Partner with functional leads to effectively manage the successful execution of clinical strategy.
- Manage project team meetings, including agendas, minutes, and action items.
- Partner with project and sub team members to develop and monitor project timelines, trackers, and tools to support strategic decision making.
- Monitor the progress of the project, identifies barriers to execution and proposes options to resolve issues and constraints, and escalates any risks to project team and sub teams in a timely manner.
- Drive timely decisions and accountability within teams while facilitating active communication and information flow between team members, and stakeholder functions. Escalates critical issues to appropriate stakeholders.
- Establish and follows project management best practices including management of scope, requirements, risks, and long-range planning.
- Establish and maintains positive relationships with stakeholders and team members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, abilities and prior experience required.
- BS/BA degree, in the Life Sciences required; MS, and/or PMP desired
- A minimum of 3 years of project management experience within the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry with excellent knowledge of the drug development process and relevant regulatory requirements
- Strong project management, resource management, administrative and technical capabilities (Microsoft Project, Excel, Teams, Zoom)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced innovative environment with competing tasks
- Ability to communicate with and manage senior-level stakeholder objectives
- This position will have a hybrid schedule with 3 days in office and 2 days from home.
- This position will be based in the bay area. Pliant is open to relocation.
Pliant requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated prior to the first date of employment (subject to any legally required exemptions).
The annual base salary for this role is $155,000 - $185,000. Individual pay may vary based on additional factors, including, and without limitation job-related skills, experience, work location and relevant education or training. Pliant’s compensation package also includes benefits, equity, and annual target bonus for fulltime positions.
To understand how Pliant complies with and manages your personal information with respect to the California Consumer Privacy Act, please visit https://pliantrx.com/ccpa-applicant-and-staff-privacy-notice/.