Pliant Therapeutics is a public, clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar to meet the unmet medical needs of physicians, patients and families impacted by fibrotic disease. The Company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules.
The Company’s lead product candidate, PLN-74809, is an oral, small molecule selective inhibitor of the αvβ1 and αvβ6 integrins that play a key role in multiple fibrotic pathways. PLN-74809 has received Orphan Drug Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in both idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) and are currently in Phase 2a clinical trials for these indications. The company recently reported positive data from its Phase 2a trial in IPF and is currently ramping up activities in preparation for a late-stage clinical trial at worldwide sites.
Pliant has also developed PLN-1474, a small molecule, selective inhibitor of αvß1 for the treatment of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis, or NASH with liver fibrosis. Pliant is initiating a Phase 1 study for its third clinical program, PLN-101095, a small molecule, dual-selective inhibitor of αvß8 and αvß1 integrins, that is being developed for the treatment of solid tumors. The Company also has discovery and development programs in oncology and muscular dystrophies.
The Company is seeking passionate, creative, and dedicated individuals to join our team and contribute to our mission.
The Clinical Site Liaison (CSL) is a critical position within Pliant’s Development Operations team and will be responsible for providing non-promotional clinical, educational, and study support across Pliant’s Development portfolio. The CSL reports to the Head of Clinical Site Liaisons.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key clinical site personnel to build a well-informed and motivated clinical site base for Pliant’s clinical development portfolio
- Delivers clinical site engagement strategies through presentations at site initiation, office visits, investigator meetings, and/or advisory boards to enhance current and future clinical trial awareness
- Educates sites about the mechanism of action of the molecule and the clinical study design at site initiation and during office visits
- Serves as a field-based reference point of scientific and clinical trial expertise for study sites, providing accurate clinical trial information to clinical site personnel in compliance with all company policies.
- Partners with sites to understand barriers to clinical trial participation and develops pragmatic solutions to enable successful execution of studies
- Identifies and communicates key clinical trial issues and insights to line manager and the clinical operations study leads, and any other functional stakeholders to help influence clinical trial execution including, but not limited to, site identification, site start-up, patient screening and accrual, and patient retention
- Ensures site staff requests are managed efficiently and effectively according to established processes, positioning Pliant’s clinical studies as a high priority within investigational site operations
- Collaborates with Pliant Development Operations, Clinical Development, and external stakeholders to support study performance and progress
- Facilitates identification of clinical trial site and community educational needs for Pliant clinical trials
- Attends scientific and professional conferences
- Participates in Pliant community outreach and engagement activities
- Maintains business and clinical knowledge of the treatment landscape including current treatment strategies, current and pending competitors, and new therapeutic developments
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, abilities and prior experience required.
- Advanced degree (MS/DO/MD/PhD/PharmD) with at least 2 years clinical trial experience
- Previous experience in a CSL, MSL, or similar role preferred
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 70%; including travel to Pliant at least 6 times/year
- Working knowledge of protocol and clinical drug development processes, clinical study design, study planning and management, and monitoring
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities and juggle multiple demands
- Ability to think critically and be a proactive problem-solver
- Ability to work independently while exercising initiative, flexibility, and sound judgment
- Comfortable working with different levels of the company including senior level management
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to operate in alignment with Pliant’s values
- Remote, field-based, with travel to Pliant at least 6 times per year.
Pliant requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated prior to the first date of employment (subject to any legally required exemptions).
The annual base salary for this role is $135,000 - $145,000. Individual pay may vary based on additional factors, including, and without limitation job-related skills, experience, work location and relevant education or training. Pliant’s compensation package also includes benefits, equity, and annual target bonus for fulltime positions.
To understand how Pliant complies with and manages your personal information with respect to the California Consumer Privacy Act, please visit https://pliantrx.com/ccpa-applicant-and-staff-privacy-notice/.