Pliant Therapeutics is a public, clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar to meet the unmet medical needs of physicians, patients and families impacted by fibrotic disease. The Company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules.
The Company’s lead product candidate, PLN-74809, is an oral, small molecule selective inhibitor of the αvβ1 and αvβ6 integrins that play a key role in multiple fibrotic pathways. PLN-74809 has received Orphan Drug Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in both idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) and are currently in Phase 2a clinical trials for these indications. The company recently reported positive data from its Phase 2a trial in IPF and is currently ramping up activities in preparation for a late-stage clinical trial at worldwide sites.
Pliant has also developed PLN-1474, a small molecule, selective inhibitor of αvß1 for the treatment of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis, or NASH with liver fibrosis. Pliant is initiating a Phase 1 study for its third clinical program, PLN-101095, a small molecule, dual-selective inhibitor of αvß8 and αvß1 integrins, that is being developed for the treatment of solid tumors. The Company also has discovery and development programs in oncology and muscular dystrophies.
The Company is seeking passionate, creative, and dedicated individuals to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Reporting to the VP, Finance and Corporate Controller, this position will lead the SEC reporting process and technical accounting function, helping make the transition from a small reporting company to a large, accelerated filer subject to Sarbanes Oxley Act section 404(b). This role will operate as a member of the finance and accounting team, helping ensure we meet the operational and reporting requirements of the Company.
- Manage the Company’s quarterly SEC reporting process (e.g. 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K).
- Assist with all other aspects of SEC reporting, ensuring accuracy of reported values/amounts (e.g. proxy, section 16 filings).
- Oversee xbrl tagging for in-scope filings.
- Stay current with new accounting standards/guidance and manage adoption/transition as applicable.
- Prepare technical accounting memos for significant transactions and/or new accounting standards/requirements.
- Own relevant portions of the Company’s SOX framework. Coordinate annual updates, deliverables and satisfy all requests with external and internal testers.
- Work closely with Assistant Controller to ensure the timely, accurate completion of all requests in support of the quarterly reviews and annual audit (financial and internal controls focused). Liaise directly with internal and external auditors to satisfy test requests.
- Manage the stock compensation accounting function, including review of assumptions for routine and performance-based awards, determining grant date fair values and maintenance of the Company’s capitalization table.
- Prepare journal entries and approve journal entries.
- Lead/participate in special projects as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, abilities and prior experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in finance/accounting
- 5+ years relevant professional experience; 4 years as public accountant (Big 4 preferred) serving listed clients (strong preference in life-sciences)
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP, SEC reporting and SOX
- Experience with Netsuite and Workiva a plus
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational & project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Pliant requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated prior to the first date of employment (subject to any legally required exemptions).
The annual base salary for this role is $170,000 - $180,000. Individual pay may vary based on additional factors, including, and without limitation job-related skills, experience, work location and relevant education or training. Pliant’s compensation package also includes benefits, equity, and annual target bonus for fulltime positions.
To understand how Pliant complies with and manages your personal information with respect to the California Consumer Privacy Act, please visit https://pliantrx.com/ccpa-applicant-and-staff-privacy-notice/.