Pliant Therapeutics is a public, clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar to meet the unmet medical needs of physicians, patients and families impacted by fibrotic disease. The Company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules. The Company’s lead product candidate, PLN-74809, is an oral, small molecule selective inhibitor of the αvβ1 and αvβ6 integrins that play a key role in multiple fibrotic pathways. PLN-74809 has received Orphan Drug Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in both idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC), and are currently in Phase 2a clinical trials for these indications. Pliant’s second product candidate, PLN-1474, is an oral, small molecule selective inhibitor of the αvβ1 integrin, in development as a potential treatment forlate-stage liver fibrosis under a partnership with Novartis. The Company also has discovery and development programs in oncology and muscular dystrophies. The Company is seeking passionate, creative, and dedicated individuals to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Pliant Therapeutics is seeking a talented patent agent or attorney with a PhD in Organic Chemistry to work up to 50% time with the potential to transition into a full time position. You’ll work closely with the director of IP and our R&D team to prepare, file, and prosecute patent applications directed to new small molecule therapeutics to treat fibrotic disease, initially focused on drafting 1 to 2 applications per month. You will develop in-depth expertise in the areas of TGF-ß activation and integrin biology and provide guidance on patent law issues to business groups and scientists. We are seeking individuals who are passionate about the future of treating fibrotic diseases and have the energy and boldness to thrive and grow in a dynamic and fast startup environment.
- Work independently to draft complex small molecule pharmaceutical applications
- Collaborate with legal and business leadership, in a well-formed, pragmatic and professional manner
- Counsel team members on complex legal issues and potential implications to current or future strategies
- Prosecute active and complex patent portfolios with respect to therapeutics in development or being commercialized
- Ph.D. in Organic/Medicinal Chemistry
- At least 3 years experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications; open to candidates with significantly more experience
- Prior experience drafting at least 10 small molecule pharmaceutical applications from scratch
- Experience with fibrosis biology is highly desirable
- Admitted to practice before the USPTO; if an attorney, must be admitted to one state bar
- Strong knowledge of domestic and international patent laws, regulations, and procedures
- Excellent judgment and communication (verbal and written) skills; able to simplify the complex and adapt to audiences with varying levels of legal fluency
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational & project management skills
- Detail-oriented, precise, and efficient
- High degree of dedication to improvement and strong sense of ownership
- Team player, able to work independently and willing to take on challenges in a dynamic environment
- Experience conducting chemical structure searching using online databases is highly desirable
To understand how Pliant complies with and manages your personal information with respect to the California Consumer Privacy Act, please visit https://pliantrx.com/ccpa-applicant-and-staff-privacy-notice/.