Pliant Therapeutics is a public, clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar to meet the unmet medical needs of physicians, patients and families impacted by fibrotic disease. The Company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules. The Company’s lead product candidate, PLN-74809, is an oral, small molecule selective inhibitor of the αvβ1 and αvβ6 integrins that play a key role in multiple fibrotic pathways. PLN-74809 has received Orphan Drug Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in both idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC), and are currently in Phase 2a clinical trials for these indications. Pliant’s second product candidate, PLN-1474, is an oral, small molecule selective inhibitor of the αvβ1 integrin, in development as a potential treatment forlate-stage liver fibrosis under a partnership with Novartis. The Company also has discovery and development programs in oncology and muscular dystrophies. The Company is seeking passionate, creative, and dedicated individuals to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Immediate openings are available for an SRA with experience in the fibrosis/inflammation/cardiovascular area. This individual will join a team focused on discovery and advancement of new drug candidates and disease biomarkers. The primary responsibility of this position will be in vivo pharmacology studies, animal monitoring; tissue processing and analysis. Interest in developing new in-vivo models and learning new technologies to assess animal models and treatments is a plus. Written reporting to Pliant of study outcomes from executed protocols will be required.
Individual will coordinate, schedule, and execute live animal pharmacology and PK studies and assist with written protocol preparation. Study support will be given to projects including PKPD and efficacy in lung, liver, kidney, muscle fibrosis, and oncology models. All work will be conducted under compliance with local regulations and vivarium policies and guidelines.
The primary responsibility of this position will be the design, characterization, and execution of preclinical/translational in-vivo models related to the field of fibrosis.
- Work in close collaboration with cell biology colleagues and assist with the development of translational models.
- Independently execute assigned tasks following appropriate laboratory/technical procedures.
- Coordinate studies, troubleshoot experiments, and suggest improvements to supervisor.
- Evaluate and clearly report experimental results to supervisor and colleagues on a routine basis with special attention to data quality and reproducibility.
- Execute pharmacology studies, test article procurement and preparation.
- Uphold federal laboratory animal welfare standards in an AAALAC accredited facility.
- Provide monitoring and care, as needed for study animals in assigned areas; Maintain records on animals required by protocol and vivarium guidelines.
- Perform technical applications as assigned such as intubations, implantation of devices, oral gavage, minor surgical procedures, animal identification, blood, and tissue collection and oral, IV, intratracheal, intranasal, intramuscular intraperitoneal dosing.
- Conduct tissue processing and/or tissue assays in Pliant labs under the general supervision of PI.
- Prepare written reports of executed studies.
To understand how Pliant complies with and manages your personal information with respect to the California Consumer Privacy Act, please visit https://pliantrx.com/ccpa-applicant-and-staff-privacy-notice/.