Pliant Therapeutics is a public, clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for fibrotic diseases. Founded by Third Rock Ventures with world-renowned academic thought leaders, Pliant is raising the bar to meet the unmet medical needs of physicians, patients and families impacted by fibrotic disease. The Company’s focus is on mechanism-based intervention in the fibrotic process using small molecules. The Company’s lead product candidate, PLN-74809, is an oral, small molecule selective inhibitor of the αvβ1 and αvβ6 integrins that play a key role in multiple fibrotic pathways. PLN-74809 has received Orphan Drug Designation from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in both idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) and primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC), and are currently in Phase 2a clinical trials for these indications. Pliant’s second product candidate, PLN-1474, is an oral, small molecule selective inhibitor of the αvβ1 integrin, in development as a potential treatment forlate-stage liver fibrosis under a partnership with Novartis. The Company also has discovery and development programs in oncology and muscular dystrophies. The Company is seeking passionate, creative, and dedicated individuals to join our team and contribute to our mission.
The RA Analytical Chemist is responsible for daily analysis and processing of complex materials used to support multiple Pliant drug discovery programs. Position is full time and provides opportunity to use teamwork, innovation skills and advanced laboratory equipment to solve challenging chemical problems. The job will involve sample processing and method development using analytical HPLC, preparative HPLC, normal phase purification and LCMS, and will work closely with our medicinal chemistry, compound management and in vitro biology teams.
- Sample preparation and analysis by HPLC and LC-MS
- Purification of medicinal chemistry samples from milligram to gram scale in single and parallel formats
- Quality control of purified compounds, and subsequent processing for registration, storage and biological screening
- Maintain and operate analytical and preparative chromatographic instrumentation
- Maintain high level of scientific standards and safety practices
- Keep current and accurate records of project research and related activities according to Pliant policies
- Stay current with technology advances and be proactive in incorporating new ideas to improve drug discovery process
- Collaborate effectively with diverse scientific discovery teams
- BS/MS in Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or closely related field with typically 0+ years (MS); or 2+ years (BS) of job-related experience
- Hands-on experience with analytical HPLC, preparative HPLC, and mass spectrometry
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot a variety of hardware/software platforms
- Proven effective organizational, written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with scientists and engineers
- Awareness of synthetic organic chemistry and the ability to communicate effectively with medicinal chemistry and biology teams
- Experience with instrument troubleshooting and maintenance preferred
- Experience with laboratory automation preferred
To understand how Pliant complies with and manages your personal information with respect to the California Consumer Privacy Act, please visit https://pliantrx.com/ccpa-applicant-and-staff-privacy-notice/.