Pliancy is fundamentally changing the way businesses value technology by empowering the next evolution of IT leadership. We provide white-glove consulting solutions to life science and finance organizations. Our employees and clients find that we’re starkly different from other IT organizations because we challenge the status quo in two major ways: by putting people first in every decision we make, and by innovating towards simplicity and sustainability. Whether streamlining a client’s race to a cancer cure or securing the fine details of data integrity, we’re driven to help people.
And as a people-first company that invests in the long-term success of our employees, we’re looking for creative thinkers who like to solve interesting problems. We have a culture of mentorship and prioritize curiosity and empathy in all of our hiring decisions.
About the role
What’s an average day like?
The clients you’ll work with are exclusively Life Sciences Organizations and Capital Management firms (likely Venture Capital, Private Equity, or Hedge Funds). These clients are very friendly and enjoyable to work with. Pliancy prides itself on working with clients who respect our team and expertise. You’re treated as one of their own, not as an outside individual. You’ll get to collaborate with teammates to solve interesting, important challenges, all of whom have a passion for technology and helping people. If you love innovating, building relationships, and socializing with fellow team members, you’ll love our culture.A typical week is a mix of four-hour and eight-hour scheduled site visits consulting with your primary clients, researching solutions, implementing projects, using technology to improve process and workflows, improving documentation, training users, and responding to ad-hoc requests. You’ll also enjoy catered lunches onsite or meet up with teammates nearby for meals and coffee. When not scheduled at your clients’ sites, you may drop in at the local office to collaborate with a coworker on pending issues. The remainder of the time is spent with the team on internal solutions, special projects, ticket escalations, and learning new technologies.
- Driving the adoption of forward-thinking technology in a rapid-growth environment
- Identifying unique cutting edge solutions to business problems leveraging technology
- Providing high-touch, white-glove support to executives, executive assistants, and staff
- Troubleshooting day to day technical issues and assisting with daily requests
- Creating new users, configuring laptops, and setting up their desks/workstations
- Training and assisting on use of tools and technology to meet business needs
- Collaborating and communicating with team members to keep everyone informed using various mediums such as email, tickets and Slack
- Documenting assets, configurations, passwords, processes, etc. and maintaining current and accurate documentation
- Assisting with office moves, upgrades, and AV deployments
Requirements: (these are recommendations, not requirements - we review all applicants)
- Soft skills (personality, relationship-building, communication, stress management)
- Team-centric mentality focused towards succeeding together (collaboration, communication, documentation, improving processes)
- Experienced and comfortable supporting executive teams
- 5+ years of general IT support experience
- Extensive macOS and Windows Desktop experience
- Addigy/Jamf/Intune MDM (Device posturing) experience
- Prior experience supporting Life Sciences Firms and their lab environments
- Working Knowledge of Active Directory / Azure AD
- Experience with Common SaaS Offerings (including but not limited to Microsoft365 / Box / Dropbox / Egnyte)
- Working functional knowledge of Public Cloud (Particular emphasis on IaaS and PaaS Technology) [AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure]
- Aptitude (Ability to learn new technologies quickly)
- Troubleshooting (Ability to work through issues methodically)
- Ability & willingness to properly document processes and assets
- General understanding of network fundamentals including wireless mesh networks
- Experience with cloud ID services, Okta / Duo and other MFA/SSO providers
- Incredible sense of pride and passion for what you do and a desire to help your teammates
- Authorization to work in USA for any employer
Nice to have
- Prior experience supporting Capital Management (VC/PE/Hedge)
- Experience implementing Compliance Controls (related but not limited to HITRUST or SOX)
- Video-conferencing/AV experience
- PowerShell & Scripting
- VoIP Support & Management
- Google Workspace Administration experience
As of September 27, 2021, Pliancy requires all employees to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination before being admitted to any of our physical offices.
- Generous salary, above-average pay ($90K-$120K dependent on experience)
- "Cadillac" healthcare: Anthem Blue Cross Gold Plan (Premiums 100% covered for employees, 50% for dependents)
- Medical HRA: Company-funded reimbursement account to help cover copays, deductibles, and coinsurance
- Employer-sponsored coverage for dental and vision expenses
- 401(k) + 6% company matching available from your first day
- Unlimited PTO - and a culture where you can actually use it!
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness stipend ($120 per month)
- Home internet and mobile phone reimbursement ($160 per month) to help you stay connected
- Employer-funded commuter benefits and mileage reimbursement
Why work with us?
- Clients solving challenging problems with meaningful purpose
- Top-of-their-game peers who have fun with what they do and take teamwork seriously
- Rapid company growth (75% year over year) with opportunities to see the impact of your efforts on the company
- A manager who will partner with you to help you grow and identify opportunities for career development
- Flexible schedule designed to empower your communication and time management skills
- Great culture driven by community-minded, empathetic teammates
- Benefits and perks built to meaningfully support you and your family while we grow together