Let’s face it: out-of-pocket expenses suck. And manual expense spreadsheets are old-school.
No one wants to wait until payday to be reimbursed for something they bought for work, and finance teams have better things to do than spend hours tapping away on Excel. At Pleo, we’re on a mission to change this. We’re here to make spend management surprisingly effective and empowering – for finance teams and employees.
We’re doing away with an outdated business process to end out-of-pocket spending, encourage autonomy and give finance teams trust in employees. You'll be selling the SaaS tool (company spending solution) that comes with physical prepaid cards that are then distributed to all employees of the company. But Pleo’s about more than just paying for stuff. You’ll be helping our customers simplify and streamline their invoices, reimbursements, subscriptions – the lot.
Pleo is looking for someone to join our newly established Business Architecture & Technology Team. More on that right below, but for the right candidate, we are open to applications in Copenhagen, London, Lisbon, Madrid, or from other countries within European time zone.
Please be aware we are unable to relocate for this role and we will not offer a visa sponsorship.
About the role 📌
As part of our growing Revenue Operations department, we have established a team called Business Architecture & Technology. This team will focus on optimising processes, data, and tools for our commercial part of the business (Marketing, Sales, Partnerships & Customer Experience)
Your role in this will be to help us design and implement new tools to support this. Think of it as this - we need to make sure the commercial aspect of Pleo is happening as smoothly and efficiently as possible. We achieve this through designing and maintaining the tech stack, extensions thereof, and related processes. We are a leading design customer of many of our vendors and always aim to push our tools above and beyond.
In Pleo, Revenue Operations is a cross-functional discipline that goes across many areas, such as the demand and opportunity management process, sales planning and forecasting, as well as monitoring business performance. Hence this is a unique opportunity to learn more about the many different aspects of running a business, the decision processes and prioritisation needed to execute strategic projects, and insights into where the company is going - almost like a front-row seat!
This role will be responsible for customising the CRM system (Hubspot) to align with Pleo strategy, so if you have experience working with this or other CRM's would be great, as 75% of time you will be seated in Hubspot of which 50% of time will be focused in back end working with Node JS and React, and 25% of time you will be seated outside of HubSpot working with Kotlin for internal integrations.
More about our team 🤩
So if you are excited about inter-department collaborations, being part of diverse teams, scaling a company 10x while also having fun in random slack channels, getting creative and running all kinds of experiments while also staying up-to-date on the latest trends in tech, new frameworks and practices, if you like engaging in social activities from Pleo dinners to teaching non-tech people how to code, keep reading. But also remember, while bringing your perspective and diversity, you must also leave your ego by the door.
We believe in autonomy, trust, and support, shaping our teams with a remote-first mindset and being able to work efficiently through CEST and EST time zones. From virtual coffees, to remote-friendly meeting setups, and thorough documentation, you can feel the beat and energy that flows in our offices.
You will be contributing to setting the strategic direction with data-driven decision-making, working with the latest (and greatest!) tools and tech, and improving yourself and others through a dynamic and passionate team working environment.
What you can expect in the role 💡
- To design, develop, and maintain high-quality, scalable applications and integrations on the HubSpot platform.
- Optimise performance and scalability of HubSpot applications through code refactoring and infrastructure improvements.
- Develop new Kotlin microservices and expand upon existing ones within the product's backend infrastructure.
- Integrate third-party systems via APIs and Webhooks to enable data synchronisation and streamline workflows.
- Collaborate with internal teams to understand business requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to HubSpot configuration, customisation, and API integrations.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior developers, fostering a collaborative and knowledge-sharing environment.
The nitty-gritty skills needed 🎯
- Proficiency with Node.js, and React.
- Willing to learn and code in Kotlin (Previous experience with JVM is a plus but not mandatory)
- Solid understanding of API integration methodologies, Webhooks, and RESTful APIs.
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git) and code collaboration tools.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and tools (e.g., Scrum, Kanban).
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously, delivering high-quality results within deadlines.
- Familiarity with database systems (e.g. PostgreSQL) and server-side development.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to debug and resolve complex technical issues efficiently.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
Your colleagues say you ✌️
- Work in English with ease (it's our company language)
- Are very curious about the story and the people behind the data
- Continuous learner, systematic
- Empathetic of people and stakeholders
- Are a person they would also enjoy having a coffee with (virtual or not)
Show me the benefits! 🥁
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!)
- Lunch is on us - with catering in our Lisbon, Copenhagen and London offices or a monthly lunch allowance paid directly together with your salary in other markets 🍜
- Private health insurance to ensure you’re fit in body and mind to do your best work
- 25 days of holiday + your public holidays
- For this role you are welcome to work from home, or come one to our available offices
- Option to purchase 5 additional days of holiday through a salary sacrifice
- Wellbeing days - fully paid days off designed for a slower pace, allowing you to take time to recharge and prioritise self-care
- We’re trialling MyndUp to give our employees access to free mental health and wellbeing support with great success so far ❤️🩹
- Access to LinkedIn Learning - acquire new skills, stay abreast of industry trends and fuel your personal and professional development continuously
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise your family due to work 👶
- All of us have a stake in Pleo’s success - ask us about our equity grant scheme
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Our mission is to help every company go beyond the books. Pleo itself means ‘more than you’d expect’, and it’s been the secret to our success over the last 8 years. So it’s only fitting that we’d pass this philosophy onto our customers to help them make the most of their finances.
We think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Finance teams shouldn’t be siloed from the rest of the organisation – they should work in unity with marketing, sales, IT and everyone else.
Speaking of working in unity, our values tell the story of how we work at Pleo. We have four core values, the first of which is ‘champion the customer’, which means we address real pain points that businesses face. Next up is ‘succeed as a team’, which highlights how our strength lies in our diversity and trust in each other. We also ‘make it happen’ by taking bold decisions and following through to deliver results. Last but not least, we ‘build to scale’, creating lasting solutions that address today’s challenges and anticipate tomorrow’s needs.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 850+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal and Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us, we'll help you set up the best remote setup possible and make sure you still have time to connect with your team.
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.