Let’s face it: out-of-pocket expenses suck. And manual expense spreadsheets are old-school. No one wants to wait until payday to be reimbursed for something they bought for work, and finance teams have better things to do than spend hours tapping away on Excel. At Pleo, we’re on a mission to change this. We’re here to make spend management surprisingly effective and empowering – for finance teams and employees.
We’re doing away with an outdated business process to end out-of-pocket spending, encourage autonomy and give finance teams trust in employees. You'll be selling the SaaS tool (company spending solution) that comes with physical pre-paid cards that are then distributed to all employees of the company. But Pleo’s about more than just paying for stuff. You’ll be helping our customers simplify and streamline their invoices, reimbursements, subscriptions – the lot.
This role is based at our Paris office
What's the role? 👀
- You will be responsible for the entire sales cycle; from outbound prospecting (together with our SDR’s and own outbound), to qualifying opportunities, delivering amazing product demos and converting deals
- Working to both new business and account growth revenue targets; your focus is to build new relationships with customers, plus maintain excellent relationships with existing clients.
- Working side by side with our Customer Success team to make sure the customers in your portfolio adopt and grow with Pleo.
- You will become an expert on expense management, upselling brand new features to your existing client base..
What we need from you on the first day 🤩
- A proven personal track- record in outbound SaaS sales. Ideally you are coming from an Account Executive position and you have strong experience closing deals and are able to leverage effective objections.
- A track record of successfully working to sales quotas and targets. You have experience generating pipeline to achieve new business via self generated outbound strategy
- Familiarity with MEDDIC sales methodology
- Comprehensive understanding for how best to use our CRM to manage a healthy new business pipeline
- Knowledge of closing deals with mid-market clients (50 to 500 employees) in a similar fast paced environment as Pleo
- Great rapport building and confident presentation skills, we need you to ace those demos and get the deals closed.
- Experience in Account Management is helpful, including upselling and contract renewals.
- Fluency in French is required.
- Completely fluent in English, our company language (interviews and onboarding will be done in English)
Your colleagues say you:
- Are easy to work with, you are curious and adaptable
- Are bold and not afraid to try something new
- Are receptive to giving and receiving feedback
- Are a team player - we have no room for sharp elbows, politics, or egos in Pleo. We succeed as a team.
- Are a person they would also enjoy having a coffee with (virtual or not) ☕️
What's in it for me? 👀
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!)
- Lunch is on us - with catering in our Lisbon, Copenhagen and London offices or a monthly lunch allowance paid directly together with your salary in other markets 🍜
- Private health insurance to ensure you’re fit in body and mind to do your best work
- We offer 25 days of holiday + your public holidays
- For our commercial teams we do 3 days in office and 2 days at home weekly, you choose which days
- Option to purchase 5 additional days of holiday through a salary sacrifice
- Wellbeing days - fully paid days off designed for a slower pace, allowing you to take time to recharge and prioritise self-care
- We’re trialling MyndUp to give our employees access to free mental health and wellbeing support with great success so far ❤️🩹
- Access to LinkedIn Learning - acquire new skills, stay abreast of industry trends and fuel your personal and professional development continuously
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise your family due to work 👶
- All of us have a stake in Pleo’s success - ask us about our equity grant scheme
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Our mission is to help every company go beyond the books. Pleo itself means ‘more than you’d expect’, and it’s been the secret to our success over the last 8 years. So it’s only fitting that we’d pass this philosophy onto our customers to help them make the most of their finances.
We think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Finance teams shouldn’t be siloed from the rest of the organisation – they should work in unity with marketing, sales, IT and everyone else.
Speaking of working in unity, our values tell the story of how we work at Pleo. We have four core values, the first of which is ‘champion the customer’, which means we address real pain points that businesses face. Next up is ‘succeed as a team’, which highlights how our strength lies in our diversity and trust in each other. We also ‘make it happen’ by taking bold decisions and following through to deliver results. Last but not least, we ‘build to scale’, creating lasting solutions that address today’s challenges and anticipate tomorrow’s needs.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 850+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal and Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us, we'll help you set up the best remote setup possible and make sure you still have time to connect with your team.
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.