Bonjour! 👋 So, who are we?
Cash is old school. Out of pocket expenses suck. Workplaces need to be more trusting, progressive and – that's right, we're gonna say it – fun.
To get you off to a good start, let us just say that we are doing away with an outdated business process that’s gate employee spending through a business spending platform. This ends out of pocket spending, encourages autonomy and trust in employees, and takes a huge burden off the finance team. You'll be selling the SaaS tool (company spending solution) that comes with physical pre-paid cards (so with a fintech twist) that are then distributed to all employees of the company.
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series B-round investment in 2019 , and a Series C-round announced in April 2021 & an extension, we think we're onto something big. 😎
Things you’ll be doing 🚀
- Building pipeline through cold calling, social and email outreach to senior finance leaders
- Qualifying potential deals before passing to AEs
- Using the best in class tools for creative prospecting
- Enabling others and sharing best practices to learn as a team
What do we need from you? 🤩
- Previous professional experience of 1 year and more (preferably sales, finance, consulting, customer facing roles )
- You are a driven and ambitious individual looking to grow quickly in sales
- You are proactive and ready to take on own initiatives to drive results
- Comfortable cold calling & getting out of your comfort zone
- You thrive on sales targets and constantly seek new ways to go the extra mile where needed
- A team player - you go out of your way to help your colleagues succeed
- Entrepreneurial and creative mindset, ready to learn and grow every day
- Complete fluency in both French and English, our company language.
- This role is based in sunny Lisbon, so you will need to relocate- we'll help you with this. 🇵🇹
What do we offer? 🤝
- Salary is €36,000 + €9,000 OTE, with uncapped commission (incl. a competitive accelerator model)!
- A flexible benefits package of €2500 - you decide your own package based on what you value, spend it on what you need.
- Accelerated career growth up to AE
- Regular trainings & skills development
- First in class tech stack (Lusha, Hubspot, Salesloft etc.)
- Join the fastest growing industry in the market - FinTech
- A great product that customers love and we believe in
- Great company culture + valued & empowered employees
What else do we have to offer? 🕺🏾💃🏻
- Team camps around the world (the last one took place in Croatia in Sep 2022)
- Grants for further training programs (just talk to your team)
- Your own Pleo card, we trust you to spend responsibly
- Free lunch and amazing snacks when you work from our Lisbon office
- Free breakfast on Tuesdays
- Social events, i.e. occasional Friday bars
- 25 days holiday + the opportunity to buy up to 10 extra days PTO with your flex budget.
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 800+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.